العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW

BMW رغم ما تعرضت له الشركة من ازمات كثيره اخرها ازمة شرائها لروفر الانجليزية الا انها مازالت تؤكد على ريادتها فلسلفتها الخاصة فى سيارتها التى تجمع بين الجمال متعة الاداء اشترت حقوق رولز رويس الانجليزية بالاضافة الى مينى ومن اشهر سيارتها BMW X5 X3 M6 M5 7 series - 5 series - 3 series

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 21-06-2011, 03:47 AM
ahmed_2011 ahmed_2011 غير متواجد حالياً
التخصص العملى: ترجمة
هواياتي: الرسم

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2011
الموقع: القاهرة
المشاركات: 125
ahmed_2011 has a spectacular aura aboutahmed_2011 has a spectacular aura aboutahmed_2011 has a spectacular aura about
افتراضي 2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i First Impressions

Time to add another not-quite-sure-what-segment-it-fits-into-but-it's-still-cool-and-I-think-I-want-one vehicle to the market. Sitting squarely on the heels of its Touring uncles and pulling on the coattails of its older siblings, the brand new 2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i is the Bavarian giant's latest entry into the compact SAV (that would be Sport Activity Vehicle) segment.

Meaning, it's taller than a sedan, but smaller than an SUV, and not quite a wagon (because that's a dirty word in North America, apparently); it's just somewhere in between. And let's be honest: It's damn sexy and I don't care what market segment you throw it into.

Labelling the X1 their “Conquest Vehicle,” BMW has plans to sway buyers of the non-premium SAV/SUV market over to the blue, white and black side with this nifty little number that seems to be fitting into their stables just fine. Where the 5 Series GT is still wiggling in and the X6 just pushed in with brute force, the X1 seems to be mingling quite well with the others and is set to make a great addition to the BMW family. Potentially bringing in a whole new slew of buyers, BMW predicts the X1 will account for 10% of their sales in the coming year.

Why is that?

Well, for starters the X1 has a brand new engine. The 2.0-litre 4-cylinder TwinPower turbo-powered engine is only offered in the X1 (for now) and is causing quite a stir. Lighter than the previous-gen engine (the N52 2.5L I6), more fuel-efficient and more powerful (241 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque), this baby has some serious appeal under the hood. Equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission, the X1 xDrive28i offers a smooth ride that's both responsive and efficient. Speaking of efficient, BMW's EfficientDynamics is also present with Brake Energy Regeneration.

Secondly, the X1 is “compact”. It seems that buyers everywhere are experiencing a bit of a love affair with smaller vehicles. From hot hatches to compact CUVs and microminis, manufacturers are taking the small-car plunge, and BMW is no exception.

The X1 is, naturally, smaller than the X3. However, that smaller stature doesn't mean you're going to be cramped—well, not too much at least. In the front passenger seat, space is ample. The seats are uber comfortable, and I could see myself riding shotgun for a road trip in this number any day. Driving the X1 is a bit different. While the seat is the same, the throttle position is a bit odd. At first, I thought I was driving a bit off-centre and checked to make sure my foot was aligned in the middle of the pedal. It was, however, my shin and knee that were still firmly pressed against the carpeted middle stack, making me feel more cramped than I would have liked. I can't imagine a larger driver (me being a measly 5'2”) appreciating the close-quarter feel.

In the back, two adults will find the space comfy, but not necessarily cozy. Legroom is cut shorter than in the X3, however, if you have a considerate driver and front passenger they can ensure their seats are a little farther forward so your knees don't jab into their kidneys. However, try and cram three full-size adults in the back (which we did) and the outer two will find themselves in a rather uncomfortable position with a large hump pushing into their outer shoulder blades.

But all that flies straight out the gloriously large sunroof when you get behind the wheel and actually drive the X1. Outfitted with hydraulic steering and sporting a near 50/50 weight distribution, this baby Beemer really handles the road well. With a longer wheelbase and lowered suspension (to maintain the “small” look despite having nearly the same ground clearance as the X3 and X5), the X1 borders on the MINI Countryman side in terms of go-kart feel (though it's not quite there yet).

As far as first impressions go, I have to say I'm sufficiently impressed. Will it do well on the market? That depends. I believe it will only because it's something “new” and “small” from a maker that's already known for making reliable, high-quality products.

And with a starting price tag that slides in at a massive $10k less than the 3 Series Touring wagon at $38,900, the X1 is set to be quite a steal for those looking for a bit more cargo space and headroom without the massive SUV status, inflated sticker price and dreaded wagon moniker.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 09:44 AM.