العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الكورية والماليزية > Hyundai هيونداى > HYUNDAI News Archive

HYUNDAI News Archive ارشيف اخبار هيونداى من المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 06:02 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD Review

If I had told you only a couple of years back that emotions alone would lead you to purchase a Korean model, let alone a Hyundai, you would have sent me to psych ward. I'm 100-percent sure that this possibility never even crossed your mind.

Well, consider yourself warned – the 2011 Hyundai Tucson is that captivating. And if you need just a little more convincing, a quick peak inside will make your heart throb.

More assertive silhouette
Admittedly, designers made outstanding efforts to give their small SUV a much more striking physique. The lines are smooth, fluid and attractive at first glance. In fact, such an organic relationship between the front fascia and roofline is a rare sight on this type of vehicle.

At the same time, the aggressively-shaped headlights provide a powerful reality check. The Tucson has developed a unique character that can make a huge difference in the highly-popular compact SUV/CUV segment.

The sportier-looking cabin deserves as much praise. Simple, intuitive controls are ergonomically laid out in a modern, straightforward interface – nothing too fancy, here. That's great because it allows the driver to focus entirely on the gauges and displays in front of him/her, which happen to be easy to read yet elegantly finished.

Overall, the interior environment has been cleverly thought out. Occupants will find enough room to feel comfortable, and regardless of their size, they will never have their knees stuck. Headroom is pretty good, too.

As for the utility aspect of this SUV, the Tucson excels with relatively-easy access to the cargo area and a convenient split-folding rear seat that increases capacity.

Last but definitely not least in my book is the amazing panoramic sunroof that nearly covers the entire cabin, offering the safety and comfort benefits of a standard roof while letting enough sun rays in to feel like you're sitting outside. Even my rear passengers appreciated this unique view of the sky.

On the road
The 2011 Hyundai Tucson is quite fun to drive in most conditions. The key word, here, is ''most.'' Spirited takeoffs provide reassurance, and once up to speed, the vehicle handles almost effortlessly and proves relatively agile. One thing, though: I found the steering to be little responsive (in the sense that it doesn't offer much feedback from the road).

Where things get tricky is during passing manoeuvres. The four-cylinder engine struggles a bit to launch the Tucson with the necessary authority, unless you planned the whole thing well ahead of time. You can say it's an SUV, not a sports car, but some extra grunt at mid-to-high revs would make the overall driving experience even safer, especially on highways or steeper sections.

The automatic transmission boasts a dynamic first gear but loses steam as you shift to the higher ones. This further reinforces the notion that the Korean 'ute was not engineered with aggressive driving in mind. But that being said, how many of you potential buyers will actually use it in this type of conditions?

And it must be pointed out that Hyundai's all-wheel drive system proves nicely effective, inspiring confidence on the road and contributing to stable handling on virtually all surfaces. It even surprised me with its smooth, surefooted performance on snow. The Tucson AWD will literally make you love winter!

On the other hand, fuel economy is not that impressive. Despite all my efforts to drive gently, my tester's combined city-highway consumption amounted to 11 litres per 100 kilometres, which isn't abusive yet positively worse than the segment's average.

Wrap-up
With unique, modern looks and a competent drivetrain, the 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD makes absolute sense. And truth be told, its various flaws become a concern only when you push it harder than normal – something 95 percent of owners will never do.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 09:19 PM.