العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW > BMW News Archive

BMW News Archive BMW News Archive ارشيف اخبار البافارية من المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 07-08-2013, 11:10 PM
اخبار مصر موتورز اخبار مصر موتورز غير متواجد حالياً
مراسل مصر موتورز
من انا؟: إدارة مصرموتورز

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2008
الموقع: مصر
المشاركات: 18,318
اخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to all
افتراضي BMW i8 will be first production car to use Gorilla Glass

Filed under: , , , ,

BMW i8 will be the first car to use Gorilla Glass.

What do smartphones and the BMW i8 have in common? Glass. Scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass, that is. The i8 will be the first production car to use the chemically hardened material, which is more durable, lighter and provides more sound deadening than conventional laminated automotive glass. We thought it would be a natural replacement for windshields, but, according to Autoweek, BMW said it will be used for the rear window for sound deadening purposes. The Gorilla Glass will still be laminated, with two 0.7mm thick layers of it sandwiching an acoustic sheet, reports Autoevolution.

BMW reportedly claims the i8 will weigh less than 3,285 pounds, and to offset the heavy hybrid powertrain to reach that goal the automaker has implemented lightweight materials normally not found in mass-production automobiles. With a carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) monocoque used for both the (relatively) pedestrian i3 and the upscale i8, it's not surprising BMW was also the first to jump onto Gorilla Glass, especially given the timing of a report that a high-end automaker would introduce it within the year.

Be sure to check out our First Drive review of the i8 to see if BMW's newest sports car is living up to the hype.

BMW i8 will be first production car to use Gorilla Glass originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:02:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

أكثر...
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
الصورة الرمزية خالداعزالناس
خالداعزالناس خالداعزالناس غير متواجد حالياً
من انا؟: مهندس/ خالد
التخصص العملى: مهندس اتصالات
هواياتي: التنزه - السفر

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2009
الموقع: القاهره
المشاركات: 3,679
خالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond repute
افتراضي رد: BMW i8 will be first production car to use Gorilla Glass

ما شاء الله
لو نزلت بالشكل التجريبى
بتكون رووووووووووووووووووعه

اللهم احفظ بناتنا ونسائنا فى كل مكان من شياطين الانس
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 08:37 AM.