العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW

BMW رغم ما تعرضت له الشركة من ازمات كثيره اخرها ازمة شرائها لروفر الانجليزية الا انها مازالت تؤكد على ريادتها فلسلفتها الخاصة فى سيارتها التى تجمع بين الجمال متعة الاداء اشترت حقوق رولز رويس الانجليزية بالاضافة الى مينى ومن اشهر سيارتها BMW X5 X3 M6 M5 7 series - 5 series - 3 series

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 04:41 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 BMW 335is Review

BMW’s current 3 Series has been, without a doubt, the greatest, most critically-acclaimed car in their history. You don’t mess with success, so the next-generation model, which should at least appear in sedan form as a 2012, will have to be damn good.

Meanwhile, BMW keeps cranking out various iterations of the 3 Series, and this year, we get the 335is Coupé and Cabriolet. What’s the difference, you ask? Note the extra ‘s’ in the name. That means you get extra performance, something that wasn’t really missing in the 3 Series to begin with.

Just to clear things up, the twin-turbo 3.0-litre inline-6, the one that developed 300 horsepower and 300 pound-feet of torque last year, has been replaced by a single-turbo version in the 335i; peak output numbers are unchanged. Engine code name: N55.

The 335is, however, retains the twin-turbo version, bumped to 320 horses and 332 pound-feet. Engine code name: N54. Get it?

You can also get an optional 7-speed, dual-clutch automated transmission that’s offered in the M3, but not in lesser versions of the 3 Series. As for the rest of the mechanical components, this car shares the same 6-speed manual, suspension, steering, brakes and tires than the 335i. So basically, the 335is is the closest you can get to an M3, but without buying an M3.

Exclusivities on the outside of this particular 3 Series include a sport exhaust system with black chrome tailpipes, glossy black mirror housings, a glossy black front grille, an M body kit with rear bumper diffuser (body-colour this time) and unique 18-inch alloy wheels.

With more power on tap and the rapid-fire gearbox, the 335is blasts to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 13.4 seconds at 171 km/h. That’s fast; the M3 is only a few ticks quicker, as it’s only a few pounds heavier but benefits from 94 more ponies.

However, the 335is has more torque, and it peaks at only 1,500 rpm; in comparison, the M3 V8’s 295 pound-feet peak at 3,900 rpm. What that means is that this car takes off like a rocket, and feels quicker than the M3. That’s not bad.

The car also exhibits excellent handling, razor-sharp steering and a stiff ride around town. You know, characteristics that are baked into every 3 Series. The 335is is certainly entertaining, but like many high-powered sports cars, it deserves to be fully exploited on a closed circuit.

Cruising on the highway at 100 km/h spins the engine at 2,000 rpm, so the drive is pretty quiet. Our average of 11.5 L/100 km during the test reflects the engine’s superb behaviour; at low revs, the turbos are on coffee break and fuel consumption is low. Yet when you want/need power, it comes on quickly but not violently.

The coupé’s cockpit, pretty much unchanged since 2007, is starting to look old. The 335is does get Alcantara shifter and handbrake boots, Glacier Silver aluminum interior trim and stainless steel pedals, though, which tarts up the atmosphere a little.

The car includes a host of standard features, including leather upholstery, power-adjustable and heated front sport seats, dual-zone climate control, a power glass sunroof, Bluetooth connectivity and a sound system USB port with iPod integration.

This is a small car, so interior space isn’t that great. But we expect that. Accessing the rear seat requires a few contortions, but once in place you’re at ease for a while. Front-seat occupants get seat belt assistants, which are motorized arms to stretch the belt out so you can reach it easily.

Unfortunately, all this excitement comes at a cost. With a base price of $58,800, the 335is is $5,400 grand more expensive than a 300-horsepower, 335i. Our test car also includes the $3,900 Executive Package (alarm, intelligent key, park assist and BMW Individual sound system with SIRIUS), the $2,000 Navigation Package (including iDrive), an $800 metallic paint job as well as the $1,950 dual-clutch gearbox. Total: $67,450 before taxes, freight and delivery.

In comparison, a base M3 coupe starts at $71,700, but with a similar level of features, it would end up costing over $82,000. Rivals include the $59,900 Audi S5 (354 hp), the $69,900 Mercedes-Benz E550 Coupe (382 hp) and a $62,800 Porsche Cayman (265 hp).

So with the 335is, you end up with a sports coupe that performs almost as well as the mighty M3, and off a racetrack, the difference is pretty negligible. But for me, a 335i offers more than enough performance and costs less. I wouldn’t miss the extra 20 horsepower; I wouldn’t miss the black mirrors; and I wouldn’t miss the aluminum cockpit trim. I would miss the dual-clutch transmission, though. Oh well.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 09:08 PM.