العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > أودي AUDI > Audi News Archive

Audi News Archive ارشيف اخبارى نقلاً عن المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 18-06-2011, 08:46 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Audi TT RS First Impressions

The 2010 TTS went a long way towards reversing the “hairdresser’s car” image Audi’s TT Coupe initially held. Although the TT boasted sexy styling, its performance just didn’t measure up against heavyweights from BMW and Mercedes.

The TTS’s two-hundred and sixty-five horsepower ramped the performance up a notch, but the introduction of the new
TT RS permanently lays to rest the notion that this is anything but a serious sports car.

Dipping into its past, Audi re-invented the five-cylinder inline engine that powered the triumphant Sport Quattro of Rallye Monte Carlo and Pike’s peak fame. Rather than piling even more boost through the already overworked four-cylinder in the S3, and its resultant turbo-lag, the engineers at Ingolstadt decided to resurrect the legendary 5-cylinder engine. The result is a 340 hp. unit that delivers 332 lb. ft. of torque at just 1,600 rpms, all the way up to 5,300 – all while averaging 9.2 L of fuel per 100 kms.

The single TT RS available during Audi’s recent “Fascination of Quattro” event held recently near Mont Tremblant was quickly snapped up for the morning’s drive portion, but by forgoing lunch, two wily journos and I managed to snag it for the almost two-hour return trip to the airport.

Our “Sepangblau” blue tester has a silver-trimmed chin spoiler, jaunty rear wing, and rides on 18-inch split spoke wheels.

The snug cockpit features very highly bolstered, TT RS stamped, race-style seats, thick, flat-bottomed sport-steering wheel and plenty of stitched leather and bright chrome accents. Like all Audis, the materials are high quality, and soft to the touch.

That the rear seats of the stylish coupe were probably never really intended for human occupation didn’t occur to us – but I managed somehow to wedge myself back there for the first leg of the drive. Suffice it to say it wasn’t a pleasant experience, holding my head at an angle was the only way of avoiding contact with the rear glass.

But at last, it was my turn behind the wheel, and depressing the “start” button, and selecting the “Sport” setting (which lowers the body 10 mm, stiffens the shocks, re-maps the throttle and opens up an exhaust flap) I revel in the sound of the burbling exhaust as the engine roars to life.

Although it’s available with a six-speed manual, our tester sports the seven-speed, double-clutch S-tronic that shifts with such lightning fast accuracy, I forgo the wheel-mounted paddles and just let it do its job.

The TT RS can rocket from 0-60 in just 4.4 seconds, a claim I don’t doubt for an instant as I quickly reach big-ticket speed. Four-piston caliper brakes effectively haul it back, while three mature-in-years-only journos giggle like schoolgirls at the outrageous blatts produced by the tailpipe when downshifting.

Taut and flat on the curves, the TT RS feels as planted as a cat, thanks to the Quattro all-wheel-drive system and lightweight, stiffened chassis.

Given its short wheelbase and rear wheel drive bias, you’d think that it would be easy to set the rear tires loose, but despite the TT RS’s neutral handling, the all-wheel-drive system keeps it pointed in the right direction.

The potency of this testosterone-laden version of the TT Coupe is unlikely to be questioned.

And, unlike other Europe-only offerings Ingolstadt has teased us with, the TT RS will soon be available in Canada.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 04:01 PM.