العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الكورية والماليزية > Hyundai هيونداى > HYUNDAI News Archive

HYUNDAI News Archive ارشيف اخبار هيونداى من المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 06:40 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD Review

I'm on a roll. As far as I'm concerned anyways. And no, as you can tell by what I will be writing about, I'm not high-rollin' or pimping it out in performance or luxury cars. In fact, since the beginning of 2010, with the exception of the Mercedes S400, I've been testing out vehicles exclusively with hatches. And, believe it or not, I've got tons more coming my way in the near future. This is proof-positive that a hatchback is a very popular option in the 21st Century.

One that seriously stands out and has set a new level for the bar in the evergreen compact CUV segment is the all-new Tucson. The previous generation Arizona-Town Hyundai was fairly successful as deliveries were strong from the onset of the vehicle for the 2005 model year.

Hyundai played its best card when it reinvented the Tucson; much more of everything for the same buck. No longer is the Tucson, in appearance and content anyhow, a basic family vehicle that someone would select purely based on price. For 2010, this compact crossover utility vehicle is one that consumers will really want. Hyundai design is on fire! Think of the Genesis, Genesis Coupe and the new Sonata.

Upscale deal
Irregardless of the trim, the new Tucson has hoisted itself above staples such as the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V and Ford Escape. And this, in many more ways than one. One of them is for its styling. Mature, modern and sleek and ever so much more appealing than its predecessor, the 2010 Tucson is the next generation in compact CUV design.

Incorporating dynamic bodylines, high-mounted profiled headlights and a not-too-serious grille, the Tucson makes waves; by comparison, a Nissan Rogue looks like a sausage... From any angle, euro-inspired Audi, BMW and Mercedes-like design cues abound; we know where Thomas Burkle went to school. Whatever the case, a fine job indeed!

All of this praise carries into the cabin unscathed. The dashboard's pleasant symmetry shows off an attention to detail typically reserved for higher-end vehicles. Fit and finish are tighter than the latest offerings from other Japanese makers as are the materials. Here's an example: the leather that was draped over the seats of my Limited was thick and supple.

Passenger quarters are well conceived, providing ample room for four adults, five if necessary. The cargo area also benefits from the new approach. The front seats are decently supportive and a comfortable driving position is simple to achieve thanks to all the possible adjustments.

Negatives for the Tucson's interior are limited to a mediocre to average audio system and terrible (the cost for stunning exterior design) rearward visibility.

Refinements where they count
Not satisfied with simply making the Tucson look good, the people at Hyundai decided to make it smarter. The first and easiest step was to eliminate the pointless and archaic 2.7L V6. Its performance negligible and consumption important, it was time for it to go bye-bye. The smart solution was to offer but one 4-cylinder engine that had enough power and fuel-miser qualities to satisfy everyone.

They did it. Not only is the 2.4L 4-cylinder more powerful (176 hp vs 173 hp for the 2.7L) but it turns out to be sufficiently frugal at roughly 9.5L per 100 km. The other part of this story is how well the engine behaves. Since 2002, my refinement barometer has selected Honda's 2.4L as one of the smoothest, most efficient normally-aspirated 4-pot engines. Hyundai's latest gets a rating of 99%.

The other part of the powertrain equation is a 6-speed automatic gearbox, which, by the way, bests the CR-V's by one cog. With AWD, this transmission is standard and does a great job of maintaining performance and fuel economy. Should you select FWD, a 6-speed manual 'bow is available, a rarity in this segment.

Stiff neck
Where Hyundai may have gone a little too far is in the chassis and suspension departments. Very taut and firm, the calibration of the fully independent setup is on the harsh side. On a highway, it certainly works but as our homes are not at the exits, driving through rough and damaged city streets will leave you dreaming of your Lay-Z-Boy recliner. I would suggest that Hyundai dial the settings back a notch or two.

When I first took the wheel of the new Tucson, I immediately noticed that the steering was quite heavy, so much so that at times, seemed to require too much effort to change lanes... Of course, I quickly adjusted and appreciated its precise nature and responsive chassis. An impressive driver overall.

A new benchmark?
I would have to say so. With a base price of under $23,000 and an as-tested price of $32,449, the Tucson is a great deal, as per Hyundai. Similarly equipped Asian products are $1,000 to $2,000 more and offer nothing as an incentive for their purchase over that of the Tucson. If anything, the Hyundai has a better warranty, looks way more modern and should be as reliable.

All in all, the Tucson is an impressive product and so expect them to take over suburbia over the course of the spring and summer.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 11:35 AM.