العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > أودي AUDI > Audi News Archive

Audi News Archive ارشيف اخبارى نقلاً عن المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 18-06-2011, 08:49 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro FSI Premium Review

Audi’s flagship has been re-launched for 2011, and it’s a magnificent tour de force of performance, luxury, refinement and cutting-edge technology.

Greater visual flair for 2011
There’s no mistaking the A8 for some other premium sedan; its commanding one-piece grille and wave LED headlights ensure that. Not only distinctive, the new setup is eye-candy for the sweet tooth. The vehicle’s overall appearance is slightly more sculpted than previously while remaining true to the clean design aesthetics that Audi has always executed so deftly.

The A8 has grown slightly in size however you’d need a measuring tape to verify that claim as it’s not apparent to the eye, and that’s good. Big isn’t necessarily “in” these days. The extra girth provides slightly greater cabin space without adding weight to the A8, which is relatively svelte thanks to Audi’s Space Frame technology and the liberal use of aluminum.

Cabin abounds with quality and technology

A true highlight of the A8 other than its performance and driving dynamics is its spacious cabin. Here one finds first-class surroundings suitable for the most pretentious of boardrooms. Wood, aluminum and leather harmonize with one and other as smoothly as the Canadian Tenors.

Audi has created one of the finest premium-level cabins in the industry, and they have artfully laden the posh environs with enough high-tech goodies to keep the inner geek in all of us baffled for days. In fact, it takes several days of acquainting one’s self with the tech content before the multitude of programs crystallize.

My tester was equipped with Audi’s version of Night Vision, which is displayed more appropriately in front of the driver rather than to the side, as with BMW’s setup. A most interesting feature in the new A8 is the addition of a touchpad to the MMI interface.

The touchpad allows the driver to enter data, such as a destination address, into the navigation system by scribing letters and digits onto the pad using a fingertip. Once accustomed to the process, it becomes a marvelous shortcut for many input functions.

It wasn’t the amazing 22-way power seats with massage or the pair of 10-inch
entertainment screens mounted in the rear of the Valcona leather-lined interior of my tester that most excited me…no, it was the outrageous $7,000 optional Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System that stole my breath.

I could abandon my “man cave” and the NAD audio equipment therein for the A8’s colossal sound stage. I don’t think I’ve ever heard superior audio quality in a vehicle. But there was an additional sound system, hushed as it was, that I admired.

V8 emits genteel notes
This is an exceptionally quiet car yet there is just enough V8-authored soundtrack to remove any doubt of a lesser beast beneath the hood. The engine of which I speak is Audi’s remarkably refined 4.2-litre FSI DOHC V8, which has been bumped to 372 horsepower @ 6,800 rpm. Torque is rated at 328 pound-feet @ 3,500 rpm.

Magnifying the engine’s output is Audi’s highly proficient 8-speed Tiptronic autobox. Shift paddles are included as standard equipment, and they effectively add a dose of sportiness to the immense pleasure derived behind the A8’s 4-spoke leather-wrapped wheel—and the immensity is multi-faceted.

Many ways to marvel
After taking-in the A8’s impeccable cabin, the “marvel factor” transits to the vehicle’s sublime operational refinement and polished performance. It’s difficult to convert the silky smoothness of the powerful V8 into words on a screen.

This engine manages to blend adroitness and a desire to rev with an uncanny degree of decorum and precision. And with a selection of eight cogs to choose from, the engine’s potential is always within reach. Shifts occur predictably, faultlessly and swiftly when an order for immediate acceleration is dispatched.

Audi assigns a 0-100kph time of 5.7 seconds to the lithe A8. Although I didn’t confirm this statement, I can certainly confirm the rapidity of the vehicle. In all acceleration scenarios, it impresses. And thanks to Audi’s quattro all-wheel-drive traction, wheelspin is never an issue that compromises.

Also never compromising is the A8’s ride quality and handling competency.

Sweet underpinnings
The 2011 A8 rides upon an adaptive air suspension setup that’s capable of maximizing the large vehicle’s ride potential while keeping it stable composed and glued to the road. Driver selectable settings emphasize either ride comfort or handling dynamics. I found the “comfort” setting to be ideal. Ride quality was outstanding in this setting yet the big sedan’s handling capability seemed little diminished.

And remarkable handling is something the A8 effortlessly achieves. I pushed this car on a track during AJAC’s recent Canadian Car of the Year testing and found it to be a high achiever, especially given its size and magnitude.

The A8 wrapped
Yes, I’d love to find an A8 wrapped and awaiting me as some sort of gift anonymously given. Such a “wrap” is not likely to occur but this wrap will: The newly designed A8 is, in my view, the latest benchmark setter in the premium, luxury sedan category—but it’s not cheap.

The 2011 A8 Premium is tagged at $103,700. My “as tested” MSRP was a rather steep $124,900 thanks to several option packages. I knew I should’ve kept the paper route.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 03:30 AM.