العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 02:32 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2012 Volvo S60 T5 Level II Review

For some reason, these troubled economic times aren’t preventing luxury automobile makers from selling all the cars and trucks they can build. It’s an uphill battle for Volvo, however, who aren’t enjoying the success that BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz are flaunting right now.

Pictures don’t do this car justice. It is simply beautiful. (Photo: Matthieu Lambert/Auto123.com)

Blame it on the brand’s recent ownership changes and aging product line-up. Once Ford was through adopting all their safety technology and platforms, they dumped Volvo to Chinese manufacturer Geely. And when you look at models such as the S40/V50 and XC90, which haven’t changed for years, you realize that the Swedish brand has a lot of work to do.

Still, if the S60 is any indication of things to come, then the future looks bright for Volvo.

Pictures don’t do this car justice. Its mix of curved sheetmetal and meticulous detailing make this sedan look fabulous. There is something special about the S60’s presence alongside other vehicles, and the Volvo draws a lot of attention, both on the road and parked in front of Auto123.com’s office.

The redesigned S60 was introduced for the 2011 model year with one drivetrain, which consisted in a 300-horsepower, turbo inline-6 and all-wheel drive. For 2012, Volvo has added another variation, which is the one we’re testing this week. Equipped with a turbo 2.5-litre, 5-cylinder mill, the front-drive T5 benefits from 250 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque. It also adopts the T6’s 6-speed automatic transmission with manual mode.

Ok, the
T6 might be quicker, but the T5 is no slouch either. Our 0-100 km/h time of 6.6 seconds is actually nothing to be ashamed of. In this application, there’s no power rush, no turbo whine, just a smooth, linear delivery of horsepower.

On the highway at 100 km/h, the engine spins at just 1,800 rpm, which results in a very quiet cabin and minimizes fuel consumption. Speaking of which, our week-long test is netting us an average of 10.9 L/100 km, which is more than acceptable.

Now, I wouldn’t call this version of the S60 a sport sedan, but it can handle itself pretty well nonetheless. It offers a more inspired drive than a Lexus IS, in my opinion, but it’s not as surgical as a BMW 3 Series. Again, it performs in calm and confident fashion.

It’s a personal opinion, of course, but the S60’s cockpit feels like it belongs in a more-expensive car. The sober design is supported by details such as solid switchgear as well as a tasteful application of bright trim, wood and textured leather upholstery. It’s not as striking as the exterior, but I like it.

Our test car is equipped with many electronic gadgets, including a blind-spot monitor, a lane-departure warning system, adaptive cruise control, a rear view camera as well as two front cameras that point left and right; in crowded parking lots, they help you see cross-traffic that might be heading your way before you pull out of your spot. Also included on every S60 is Volvo’s City Safety system, which we’ve sampled before in the XC60 crossover.

Interior space, however, is not all that great. This isn’t a big car, and it fits me like a glove, while rear-seat accommodations are snug for two adults. The middle seat should only be reserved for children, as my head is seriously rubbing the headliner when I try to sit there. Other similar-sized luxury sedans aren’t any better, I should mention.

Trunk space, however, trails virtually all its competitors; its 340-litre capacity is the same as in the Audi A4, smaller than the in the BMW 3 Series, Lexus IS and Buick Regal.

Base price for the 2012 Volvo S60 T5 Level I is $38,300 before tax, freight and delivery charges. Our test car is a Level II model and lists for $39,950, although the $4,500 Driver Support Package, the $2,995 Premium Package, the $1,200 Premium sound system, the $2,625 navigation system and the $790 metallic paint jack up the final tally to $52,060. Holy smokes!

Between you and me, if you can live without an intelligent key system, a sunroof and a bunch of minor upgrades, the T5 Level I is the one we’d recommend. Oh, the all-wheel drive T6 is still offered too, but you’ll have to unload at least $45K to get one.

The new S60 is my kind of compact luxury sedan. Not too big, not too small, nicely put together, gorgeous, quiet and refined. The car feels syrupy smooth but can run if you want it to. It might not be as naughty as Volvo says it is, but at least in appearance, it certainly does set itself apart from the crowd of somewhat stoic German sedans.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 04:34 PM.