العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW

BMW رغم ما تعرضت له الشركة من ازمات كثيره اخرها ازمة شرائها لروفر الانجليزية الا انها مازالت تؤكد على ريادتها فلسلفتها الخاصة فى سيارتها التى تجمع بين الجمال متعة الاداء اشترت حقوق رولز رويس الانجليزية بالاضافة الى مينى ومن اشهر سيارتها BMW X5 X3 M6 M5 7 series - 5 series - 3 series

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 02:32 PM
OmarKareem OmarKareem غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2011
المشاركات: 573
OmarKareem will become famous soon enoughOmarKareem will become famous soon enough
افتراضي IND Green Hell 600HP BMW M3 Coupe

So this thing doesn’t have a hood? Wow, that’s kind of a rat rod thing for a German tuning firm to do, don’t you think? Ah well, one way or the other, it’s going to be hard to argue with a BMW M3 coupe that has been squeezed up to (gulp) 600 horsepower. Anyway, the German tuning firm in question is called IND, and they have a penchant for overblown car names and lots and lots and lots of power

IND Distribution says they specialize in ‘primo’ BMW M3s (Primo, now there’s a word I haven’t heard in a long while). In the past they’ve built such modded up M3s as the Dakar Yellow E92, Silverstone II E93 drop-top, another E92 the called Red Death, and a carbon-fiber-roofed E90 M3 sedan

Their latest is, yet again, based on a BMW E92 M3 coupe, and showing the same restraint and good judgment that has got them to where they are, they’re calling this one the Green Hell. It has something to do with the Nürburgring. Or was “inspired” by it. Or it just sounded cool. Or something. Sure

The latest IND-massaged M3 is supposed to be a track car that is also fully street legal. How much it’s overall drivability has been effected I can’t say, but who knows, it might be able to serve both its track masters, and the rigors of daily driving. The Green Hell’s 4.0 liter plant has been improved via an ESS VT2-600 supercharger setup, selected for its abundant power. The ESS VT2-600 supercharger puts out 6.5 psi of boost and generates 600 horsepower

Other details were not as forthcoming from IND, other than this: The blower breathes through a Challenge X-Pipe and one-off Eisenmann Inconel exhaust system

Inconel? That’s an interesting material to use. I had actually played around with that stuff before. Its full name is Inconel-X, and it’s a nickel-steel alloy that was first used on the X-15 rocket plane back in the 1960s. It’s highly heat resistant (which you would expect), but it’s not exactly light either. It’s also a real bitch to work with. I gave a plate of it to my dad, a tool and die maker, once. It was about the size of a dollar bill and about a 16th of an inch thick

Here. See what you can do with this,” I said handing it to him

He turned it over in his hands twice, and started picking at the edge with his thumbnail. “Huh. Nickel? It’s got nickel in it … but it’s too heavy.” Now curious, he turned away to his workbench and set it down, returning to refinishing that steering joint for his Sunbeam

I saw him a couple of days later

Jeez, what WAS that stuff?” he asked

Oh that plate? It’s this stuff called Inconel-X. You have fun with it

Fun?! Ron and I burned through two drill bits just trying to punch a hole in it! The second one was tungsten carbide! Where on Earth did you get it

Boeing surplus. It’s a nickel-steel alloy that’s real heat resistant. They used on the X-15. Boeing uses it for a bunch of different stuff. I know you can weld it

Yeah? You can also bend it,” he said, holding it up, grinning, having rendered it into a square section. “Makes a good paperweight for drawings
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 07:15 AM.