العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > أودي AUDI > Audi News Archive

Audi News Archive ارشيف اخبارى نقلاً عن المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 18-06-2011, 08:44 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Audi Q7 3.0 TSFI quattro Sport S-Line Review

Audi’s flagship SUV is no longer under the influence of a powerful V8 engine. Commencing this year, a supercharged V6 is the optional high-performance mill in the luxurious, large yet athletic Q7.

Audi retains the Q7’s clean lines for 2011

The smooth, flowing lines of my tester were enhanced with Audi’s S line Sport Package. The upgrade included special wheels, revised front and rear bumpers and side valances along with a unique grille and S line badging and brushed aluminum inlays.

Whether benefiting from enhancements brought forth by the S line package or simply appearing in its base skin, the Q7 is, in my mind at least, one of the most appealing full-size SUV in today’s crowded SUV market.

Audi has always had a penchant for clean, orderly design themes and the Q7 epitomizes that characteristic. The convention of restraint permeates the Q7’s spacious cabin as well. Here one finds all the bells and whistles but none of the needless glitz and glamour so often adorning the living space of more pretentious rides.

In addition to its business-like atmosphere, the cabin of the Q7 is constructed to the highest standards of accuracy and quality. It’s nearly impossible to criticize its form however I still have concerns around its function, specifically its
Multi Media Interface (MMI) technology.

Rather than complain vociferously, I’ll just say that with time and practice the system becomes user friendly but it’s not a system that treats MMI neophytes well. For instance, there are too many steps involved to increase the bass response of the exceptionally capable
Bose audio system.

I realize that many of the settings accessed through MMI are generally of the “set and forget” variety but I’m finicky and like to tailor things to my liking and mood. In others words, I’m never satisfied with the status quo, and therefore become frustrated with the many steps invoked through MMI. Okay, I’m over my rant. The MMI system is becoming more intuitive with time – and as quoted by Mick, time is on my side.

Not on my side is the price of fuel, and for 2011 Audi has done something to ease that burden without the denial of horsepower.

New supercharged V6 and 8-speed autobox
My tester was the high performance model, which in 2010 would have been powered by a gas-gulping V8 engine backed by a six-speed automatic transmission. Today’s top-shelf Q7 powerplant is a supercharged V6 engine mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The outcome: V8 performance with V6 economy.

Displacing only 3.0 litres, the DOHC TSFI engine boldly delivers 333 horsepower @ 5,500 rpm and 325 pound-feet of torque @ 2,900 rpm. These figures may be substantially less than those of the optional twin-turbo V8 bucking beneath the hood of the BMW X5, but they manage to infuse the Q7 with performance that’s highly satisfying from a driving perspective yet reasonably economical.

Fuel economy for the top shelf supercharged mill is rated at 13.6L/100km and 9.3L/100km of city and highway driving respectively. I didn’t achieve those figures during my testing—no surprise there— which was more city focussed than highway, but frankly I wasn’t far off when I drove the Q7 with care and civility.

By contrast, fuel economy for the 400 horsepower twin turbo X5 Bimmer is rated at 15.3L/100km and 9.9L/100km of city and highway driving. Despite its power deficit, the more fuel efficient Q7 is considerably larger than the X5 and supplies third row seating.

Of course, if straight-line performance is the yardstick by which to measure, the twin turbo V8-powered X5 is the clear winner. However, if ride quality and the number of passengers counts on the way to setting speed records, the Q7 will again stand victorious.

Optional Adaptive Air Suspension is adjustable
My tester was equipped with Audi’s driver-adjustable Adaptive Air Suspension, which also controlled the vehicle’s ride-height depending on needs. Through the MMI interface, the driver can select between ‘comfort,’ ‘dynamic’ and ‘automatic’ ride settings.

I found no reason to engage the ‘dynamic’ setting, as the ‘comfort’ setting provided the most compliant ride quality without notably sacrificing the big Audi’s athletic road characteristics. My around-town motoring was remarkably pleasant given the Q7’s smooth, quiet ride.

Despite the genteel and agreeable nature of the ‘comfort’ setting, on a twisty back road where one can let loose a little, the ‘dynamic’ option would be most rewarding.

Q-the music
In my books, the Audi’s Q7 is an outstanding SUV within the premium segment. It is a visual masterpiece that’s highly enjoyable to drive; and although I miss the burble of its 4.2-litre DOHC V8, the new supercharged V6 does a commendable job of filling its cylinders. No doubt, the output of the V6 mill is further leveraged by the new 8-speed autobox—and they make a desirable pair.

With its options, my tester tallied in at $77,850. That’s a lot of coin but still considerably less than a Cadillac Escalade, which submits a base MSRP of $86,485 before incentives.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 11:00 PM.