العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > أودي AUDI > Audi News Archive

Audi News Archive ارشيف اخبارى نقلاً عن المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 16-06-2011, 03:37 PM
OmarKareem OmarKareem غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2011
المشاركات: 573
OmarKareem will become famous soon enoughOmarKareem will become famous soon enough
افتراضي Audi’s New R8 GT – Tears of Happiness Quickly Follow

If you know anything about me, you’ll know I’m a raving lunatic about the Audi R8. I freaking love that car, and now Audi just gave me a reason to love it even more. Meet the R8 GT – 560 horsepower of pure lust wrapped in carbon fiber. Alright Chris, calm yourself down

I wouldn’t call this a surprise; Audi’s plan had always been to offer a few different variations of the R8 supercar, just like Lamborghini with the Gallardo (LP 550-2, LP 570-4 Superleggera, etc.) And that’s exactly what they’re doing. First it was the 420 hp V8 version, next the R8 V10, then the drop-top Spyder. Hell, they even green-lighted production of a diesel-powered R8 TDI (but then was quickly canceled.) But the one I’ve really been waiting for just rolled into the spotlight

The new, and oh-so-sexy Audi R8 GT drops 220 freaking pounds, thanks to Audi using polycarbonate for the rear hatch window, lighter windshield, thinner sheet metal, a fixed rear wing, and various cutouts from the front luggage hatch. They used a carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) for the rear hatch, rear bumper, and side blades to drop some weight too, along with lightening the brake system, putting in a lighter battery, a new air intake system, lighter carpeting, and lighter seats

Audi managed to squeeze another 35 hp out of the 5.2-liter V10 engine, now up to 560 hp. The R8 GT can hit 62 mph from a stop in 3.6 seconds, takes only 7.2 additional seconds to hit 120 mph, and keeps going until it hit its top speed of 199 mph. Really, Audi? You couldn’t push an extra few horsepower out of it so it would join the 200 mph club? Impressive, nonetheless

Sadly, the Audi R8 GT is only available with a 6-speed R tronic gearbox; no manual tranny available. I know, I know, the R tronic is faster, but it’s not quite as much fun as a manual transmission, either. Launch control lets you ensure a perfect start (and lets you show off at stoplights,) and the car offers two manual modes (paddles and a lever,) along with a fully automatic mode

The Audi R8 GT, which Audi already sells in Germany, starts out at a whopping €193,000 ($255,628 USD!) It comes standard with automatic climate control, power windows, navigation, and MMI, which is a shame; I wouldn’t want any of that stuff in this car. All that sexy carbon fiber stuff you see in the pictures? Optional extras. A race package is optional too, which includes a bolt-in roll bar, four-point seat belts, a fire extinguisher, and a battery kill switch

Some silly standard equipment, options that should be standard, only an automatic transmission, and a ridiculous price tag, yes. But damn, I bet that thing is worth every penny
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 10:41 AM.