العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 11:34 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited Review

In as much as renaissance can apply to a car company, Chrysler is amidst a modern day adaptation of such a revival.

The resurrection of the Pentastar brand is underwritten by a broad array of new products that include the lovable Fiat 500, the formidable new Dodge Charger and the reworked Chrysler 300. Adding to the resuscitative collective is the Chrysler 200, which arises from the carcass of the mid-size Sebring sedan.

Crowded mid-size field is important
The mid-size sedan segment is a heavyweight market for manufacturers; just look at how many Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords fill mall parking lots, not to mention Ford Fusions and a multitude of other similar offerings such as the Hyundai Sonata and Nissan Altima.

The competition between manufacturers to deliver in this market segment has never been more intense, and we the consumers, are great benefactors of the rivalry. Chrysler has now stepped up to the batter’s plate with the introduction of its mid-size 200 sedan.

Consistent with the aforementioned assortment of popular sedans, the 200 delivers the level of quality and value that consumers have come to expect in this market, but those buyers are an image-conscious bunch who demand a little style and flair in addition to sensibility.

200 projects classier image
I was driving the Limited edition of the 200, which is detailed with numerous appliques of bright trim and the presence of 18-inch polished aluminum wheels. Regardless of trim level, the 200 exhibits attractive styling cues that emphasize its curved roofline and short rear deck lid.

A prominent front grille provides facial distinction that’s similar in appearance to the larger Chrysler 300, which was a design breakthrough for the company. Worthy of particular mention is the 200’s tail. The short trunk lid and smooth flow of the taillights impart a kernel of visual sophistication; the downside to this handsome design is a trunk aperture of fairly tight dimension.

There’s plenty of space inside the trunk, and the drop-down rear seats extend the vehicle’s cargo hold into its cabin but getting bulky items through the opening revealed by the trunk lid can be problematic. Fortunately, there’s no such concern when it comes to placing bulky occupants into the vehicle.

Upscale cabin is welcoming and roomy

The 200 is more spacious inside than its outer dimensions telegraph. In fact, I was surprised by the generous amount of headroom and legroom that greeted me when I first climbed aboard. After trying all five seating positions, I concluded that the 200 can effortlessly accommodate the “big and tall,” provided only two such shapes locate themselves in the rear.

Chrysler has gone to great lengths to improve the quality, look and feel of their cabins of late. The 200 is a good example of what they’ve accomplished in this regard. The materials in use are much better than anything that previously lined a mid-level Chrysler product, and the quality of construction has risen immensely.

An example of the heightened quality is the dashboard. Rather than being comprised of a multitude of plastic segments, which tend to rub against each other resulting in creaks and squeaks, the dash in the 200 is pretty much a single unit.

Seating is another area where vast improvement has been achieved. The front perches in my tester were faced with leather and offered firm support, similar to what one would find in a German produced automobile.

And there’s another aspect of the 200 that had me thinking German.

Euro-like underpinnings and ride quality
My immediate impression behind the wheel of the 200 was that it delivered a remarkably smooth, absorbent ride. Bumps and potholes were quietly and effectively absorbed by the suspension, and not transmitted into the cabin as undesirable thumps or shudders.

This degree of cushion I expected to come at a price; that being sloppy handling. I’m happy to report that such is not the case. Sure, the 200 won’t place undue stress on BMW’s 3-Series when it comes to handling ability but it’s a sure-footed sedan nonetheless. It remains flat and planted when cornered aggressively, and that was a pleasant surprise – as was the performance underfoot.

Optional V6 is powerful yet supple
Chrysler’s new Pentastar 3.6-litre DOHC V6 engine is impressive. Named one of Ward’s “ten best” engines for 2011, it sits on a list that includes BMW and Audi. The refined mill dispenses 283 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque to the front wheels through the auspices of a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Foisting a stampede of such magnitude upon a set of front wheel wheels can be problematic, and the 200 doesn’t escape entirely trouble-free. Under full throttle torque-steer is evident, and while it can be easily managed if anticipated, it can be disconcerting to the uninitiated.

Despite the subtle curse of torque-steer, the Pentastar’s delivery of its prodigious power is exceptionally smooth. The new engine is also notably fuel efficient on the highway, achieving an estimated consumption rating of 6.8L/100km as determined by EnerGuide Canada; their rating for the Pentastar V6 in the city is 11.0L/100km, which is less impressive but not disappointing.

Wrapping the 200
There’s little doubt that Chrysler 200 is among the best when it comes to high-value mid-size sedans. I was more impressed with my 200 Limited tester than I expected to be, and that was pleasant. I should caution though, that the Limited trim level includes the highly gratifying Pentastar V6 rather then the base 4-banger engine.

The Limited also includes plenty of content, such as leather seating, climate control and premium Bose Audio, making this vehicle markedly luxurious for its price. And perhaps that’s a suitable summary; the Chrysler 200 Limited is significantly more of a luxury car than expected.

The base 200 is tagged at $17,995 while the Touring model starts at $22,995; the top-shelf Limited with the Pentastar engine is stickered at $26,995.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 04:32 PM.