العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW > BMW News Archive

BMW News Archive BMW News Archive ارشيف اخبار البافارية من المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 25-10-2013, 01:10 AM
اخبار مصر موتورز اخبار مصر موتورز غير متواجد حالياً
مراسل مصر موتورز
من انا؟: إدارة مصرموتورز

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2008
الموقع: مصر
المشاركات: 18,304
اخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to all
افتراضي 2014 BMW 2 Series is a 1 and then some

Filed under: , , , ,

2015 BMW 2 Series

Pricing for the new coupe starts at $32,100 for the 228i and $43,100 for the M235i.

BMW has taken the wraps off its replacement for the 1 Series, the 2 Series, ahead of an official debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in January. Pricing for the new coupe starts at $32,100 for the 228i and $43,100 for the M235i that we showed you earlier today - not including $925 for destination. And before you break out the torches and pitchforks, know that those numbers compare favorably with the current 128i Coupe and 135is Coupe, which start at $31,500 and $43,550, respectively.

We've told you all about the performance of the M235i, but we'll do a quick refresher before moving on to the new 228i. Power sits at 322 ponies and 332 pound-feet of torque, the latter of which is available at an ultra-accessible 1,300 to 4,500 rpm. It'll scamper to 60 in just 4.8 seconds when fitted with the eight-speed automatic, top out at 155 mph, and return 22 miles per gallon in the city and 32 mpg on the highway. The M235i is also available with a six-speed manual, for those who prefer a do-it-yourself setup.

The 228i, meanwhile, is going to sound very familiar. It uses the same 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine found in the 328i sedan, pumping out 240 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Like the M235i, that torque is easy to get at, as it's all available between 1,250 and 4,500 rpm. Equipped with an eight-speed auto (the six-speed stick is also available) the 228i can hit 60 in 5.4 seconds. Fuel economy is rated at 23 mpg city and 35 mpg on the highway. And like all recent BMWs, both the 228i and and M235i benefit from the Driving Experience Control, a rocker switch to the left of the shifter that allows drivers to switch between a number of modes for the car's suspension, throttle, transmission, steering and engine settings.

2014 BMW 2 Series interiorBut things get a little more complicated when we look at the different variations within each model. The 228i can be had in Sport and M Sport trims, whereas the M235i only comes one way. With the 228i, the Sport Line consists of 18-inch wheels, ambient lighting on the interior, a blacked-out grille and front fascia air intakes, as well as a blacked-out rear apron. The cabin also features a few upholstery and trim choices unique to the Sport Line. If dynamics are more your thing, the M Sport is the box you'll want to tick. The suspension is retuned and the car sits 10 millimeters lower to the ground, riding on a set of unique, lightweight 18-inch alloy wheels. An aero kit adds some aggression and some function to the car's exterior while a special version of BMW's kidney grille has been fitted. In the cabin, you'll find sport seats, along with a range of M Sport-only dash trims. Customers can choose from Variable Sport Steering, an M Sport Braking System and an Adaptive M suspension as optional extras on the 228i.

BMW will not offer a standard 235i - only the M235i. Our best guess is that since the 228i now boasts an additional 10 hp and 58 lb-ft versus its predecessor, and can be had with the optional M goodies mentioned above, there's not really a need for something between it and the top-end M235i.

There's an extensive press release on the new 2 Series, which is available for your perusal down below. We'll have more on the BMW 2 Series when it makes its public debut at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show in January.

Continue reading 2014 BMW 2 Series is a 1 and then some

2014 BMW 2 Series is a 1 and then some originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

أكثر...
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 12:14 AM.