العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 11:41 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Review

The Town & Country minivan is the up-scale version of the Dodge Grand Caravan and has been made in Canada since 1983. This latest generation was remodelled in 2008 and now has a boxier look to it than the previous model. Some journalists had described it as a jelly bean on wheels.

The Town & Country minivan is the up-scale version of the Dodge Grand Caravan and has been made in Canada since 1983. (Photo: Lacey Elliott/Auto123.com)

The box on wheels style has been a popular style in other vehicles, so it’s no surprise as to why they brought that look into this segment. I think the squared corners and angles make it seem big, and well, boxy, especially from the rear end.

In reality, there is not much they can do with how a minivan looks. The Toyota Sienna has a sport package that I think looks great – my favourite minivan on the market today.

But people buying minivans don’t do buy one for aesthetics. They are looking to buy something that is functional, comfortable and safe.

The 2010 Town & Country base model ‘Touring’ starts at just under $30,000 and has some great standard features such as keyless entry, fog lights, 16-inch alloy wheels, three-zone manual temperature control CD/ MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and a 115-volt power outlet.

Sitting in the driver’s seat, it is incredibly comfortable with other standard features like tilt and telescoping steering wheel, eight-way power adjustable seat and power-adjustable pedals. Spending hours behind the wheel of this van has been very enjoyable.

For this week, I am driving the Town & Country ‘Limited’ that has additional features like 17-inch alloys, HID Xenon headlights, iPod connectivity, heated seats for first and second row, CD/DVD/ HDD touch screen Infinity sound system and sunshades on the windows for passengers in the back.

I think that back up cameras are a much needed item on any family vehicle. It comes standard on the Limited trim level and makes parking a much less stressful event.

The Town & Country ‘Limited’ has additional features like HID Xenon headlights, iPod connectivity, heated seats for first and second row, CD/DVD/ HDD touch screen Infinity sound system. (Photo: Lacey Elliott/Auto123.com)

Keeping your safety in mind, for $400 you can add the Safety Sphere Group option that gives you blind spot and cross path detection. When a vehicle is in your blind spot, a light illuminates on the side mirrors and if you turn on your indicator to switch lanes, a beeping sound goes off to also alert you.

A great safety system, but don’t forget to still do a quick shoulder check just to make sure it is safe to go.

The Stow ‘N Go system allows at the second row of bucket style seats fold flat into the floor. (Photo: Lacey Elliott/Auto123.com)

A remote starter is also included on the Limited. LOVE IT! If you have never had one, with winter fast approaching, I would not want to live without this feature. Press the button on the key fob twice and voila – let the van warm up for a few minutes and when you get in, you will be nice and warm. My complaint with this though is that the heated seats don’t stay on when you turn the car off. So you will have warm air, but will have to wait a while for the bum warmers to kick in.

Function is on the top of the list for people needing a minivan. Choosing between Swivel ‘N Go or Stow ‘N Go seating will be a big consideration for all buyers, both provide very separate functions.

The Stow ‘N Go is my favourite. The second row of bucket style seats fold flat into the floor. I recently had the Kia Sedona and was not impressed at all with the fold forward and “secure with a strap” system that they used.

The Stow ‘N go is not perfect – but it is pretty close. You need to make sure the seat in front is far enough forward and then you need to hold up the folding floor cover with one hand and use the other to stow the seat. But once they are in – you have completely flat floor and tonnes of space to carry tonnes of stuff!

Swivel ‘N Go allows you to turn the 2nd row of seats around 180degrees and you can get four people around the table in the back to play games while on a road trip.

A $650 option, but one that I think offers great convenience is the power folding third row of seats. They split 60/40 and with the push of a button, they go up and down separately or together in just seconds.

If your family is like mine and you spend a lot of time in your vehicle, then spending $1250 on the entertainment group is well worth it. (Photo: Chrysler)

I remember taking road trips with my family and fighting with my sister over whose turn it was to listen to their music. No need to worry about that in today’s minivans.

If your family is like mine and you spend a lot of time in your vehicle, then spending $1250 on the entertainment group is well worth it. You get two 9-inch overhead video screens, wireless headphones, single disc DVD player and a video remote control.

The Town & Country is powered by a 4.0Litre V6 engine that produces 251horsepower and 259 lb-ft of torque. It has more than enough power to overtake other vehicles on the highway or starting off the line at a green light. It also has a nice sound to it when you put your foot down, but the interior is quiet, so you won’t have to worry about it disturbing the peace inside the vehicle. It comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission that gives smooth shifts.

The Town & Country is powered by a 4.0Litre V6 engine that produces 251horsepower and 259 lb-ft of torque. (Photo: Chrysler)

The suspension is soft and provides a very comfortable ride. Handling is responsive and a bit light, which I like. I had no issues driving it in busy city traffic or manoeuvring it around tight corners. This minivan has truly been designed with comfort for everyone on board in mind.

Transport Canada rates this Town & Country fuel numbers at 12.2L/ 100km in the city and 7.9L on the highway.

The Town & Country offers function, safety and a comfortable ride for a decent price. If you are looking at other minivans like the Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, make sure you take a look at the Town & Country.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 09:16 PM.