العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 21-06-2011, 04:20 AM
ahmed_2011 ahmed_2011 غير متواجد حالياً
التخصص العملى: ترجمة
هواياتي: الرسم

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2011
الموقع: القاهرة
المشاركات: 125
ahmed_2011 has a spectacular aura aboutahmed_2011 has a spectacular aura aboutahmed_2011 has a spectacular aura about
افتراضي 2011 Jeep Compass North Edition Review

When it comes to Jeep, I'm a huge Wrangler fan. The fewer doors and the more mud it has, the better. That's a real Jeep. It's rough, it's tough, it's hardcore to the chassis. Take it anywhere, drive it over any surface and it's going to give it its all. What a man's vehicle.

Then I get behind the wheel of a Jeep Compass/Patriot, and all those Jeep ideologies and feelings kind of float away on the generic styling and overall feel of the car. Perhaps that's a bit harsh, and I don't mean it to be, but after hearing Jeep's latest ad campaign slogan—“your name is what defines you, what makes you unique”—it was hard not to feel that way when I got behind the wheel of the 2011 Jeep Compass North.

Born and bred from an army vehicle built to withstand the harshest terrains and environments, the newest Jeeps are definitely far-removed from the originals. However, some of the original brutish strength and personality reside in the Wrangler—which is why I feel like that's the only real Jeep of the bunch.

But let's get to the vehicle at hand; the 2011 Jeep Compass North. Sitting there in typical red paint (now the third Jeep I've had in said colour), that word “unique” flitted in and out of my brain once again as I actually had to look at the red bumper to ensure I was getting into the Compass and not the Patriot I'd had just a few weeks before.

Equipped with a 2.0L engine, the Jeep Compass pushes out 158 hp. The CVT ensures fuel efficiency and an ultimately smooth ride thanks to zero gearshifts. Jeep claims the Compass will do 9.6 L/100 km on the highway and 7.4 L/100 km in the city. I'd like to say I averaged those numbers as well, but I'm not sure I did.

I drive approximately 100 km a day to and from work; 95% of that drive is highway. After only 2 days of driving the car, I was left with a 1/4 tank of gas, and the Compass has a 51L reservoir. I visited the pumps three times with the Compass throughout the week; twice to fill up and the third to top it off after arriving at work with more than a 1/4 gone from my drive in.

More than 2 trips to the pumps in one week is normally unheard of with my testers, unless I'm doing some major road-tripping. The Compass drank gas like it was secretly harbouring a V12 and weighed about 900 lbs more. Could it be that the CVT does more harm than good when put in situations that require quick speed build-up? Like mashing the throttle therefore sky-rocketing the revs where they stay till the move is complete?

Fuel efficiency aside, driving the Compass is pleasant. It is a crossover, but it drives very much like a car. It's easy to handle in any situation and to know that it can go off-road when need be (the nifty little 4WD lock lever is within arm's reach near the middle armrest), the Compass is practical for the average city-dwelling weekend camper.

This vehicle is well-appointed for the price, starting at $18,995 for the front-wheel drive Compass Sport. The interior is spacious and the on-board navigation and entertainment system is easy to navigate and functions well. Steering wheel-mounted controls ensure you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel at all times. Storage slots and cubbies abound in the front, and room in the back is ample, but not when it comes to getting in.

)

I picked up a friend during the week. She has a 3-month-old baby girl. With her baby in its infant car seat, she wanted to strap her in the back. To get the car seat there, she had to tilt the seat quite a bit to wedge it through the door—as in, it didn't open wide enough. This seemed odd to me; the Compass is, undoubtedly, Jeep's young-family starter model as it is the smallest, most affordable in the line-up.

What gets me about the Compass is the fact that they're branding it as a way to make yourself unique, to stand out from the crowd, to be something different. I dislike companies that make such bold statements and don't follow through. Especially when their vehicles fall into the mould of every other crossover out there, not to mention being an almost carbon copy of one of its brothers in the line-up (read: Patriot). I believe their statement with the Wrangler. And even with the new Grand Cherokee. But I have a hard time feeling “special” when I'm behind the wheel of a Compass.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 12:48 PM.