العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 08:56 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel Review

And on that topic, big isn't really in anymore, at least not in SUV form. As I write this line, I smirk thinking that Chrysler was well aware of this years ago when they began designing the new Durango. Previously, the Durango was a full-size SUV built on a ladder-type frame. In 2011, the big badass Durango is a friendly-neighbourhood CUV with steel unibody construction...

Even if it has dropped the SUV moniker, the Dodge remains the most imposing and SUV-like in its category, which consists of the new Ford Explorer, Mazda CX-9, Nissan Pathfinder, GMC Acadia and Toyota Highlander. Of the lot, the Nissan may be the second most rugged-looking. Either way, the Durango is certainly one of the most, if not the most, appealing.

Chrysler came out swinging in 2011. The near entirety of its line-up has been severely reviewed or completely revamped. Over the last little while, I've sampled nearly every product and it is clearly obvious where the company has invested the larger sums of money.

The Durango, along with the Jeep Grand Cherokee, have much in common and have received massive amounts of attention. It shows.

The new truck, sorry, crossover, is an extremely well-executed example of what Ralph Gilles and his crew can do. The Durango is unmistakeably a Dodge, thanks to its massive crosshair grille, chromed in my Citadel's case. Also notable is its coke-bottle shape, which may or may not please depending on the angle at which the vehicle is being considered.

I'm going to raise a little flag here on Chrysler’s annoying habit of chrome-cladding all their wheels: it's just cheap. Furthermore, Chrysler has extensive experience in wheel design and the Citadel's plain 5-spoke style is a little of a letdown. Rant done.

Much unlike the Durango's exterior might suggest, the truck is impressively civil. In fact, the new Dodge is a huge step forward in NVH reduction for Chrysler. I swear, they must have caulked and re-caulked all the seams, double-welded every joint and foam-insulated all remaining gaps. The Durango is quieter than the Town & Country and Avenger I've recently driven.

The cabin is good. Dash design and material cannot be on the receiving end of any criticism, lest all other manufacturers have fingers pointed at and negative comments thrown at. Although large, the seats are very firm; you really get the impression that you are sitting on as opposed to in them. I blame it on the leather.

Second and third rows will accommodate all body types sub-Billy Gardell. The trunk is hugely capacious, especially once the oft-unused 3rd row and cozy 2nd row are stowed; the offered maximum volume of 2,400 litres (84.5 cubic feet) makes it one of the largest in the pack. Speaking of pack, keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming comparo test on many of these full-size CUV behemoths.

The Citadel is the highest-ranking member of the Durango team but carries a very simple control layout, much unlike the Honda Pilot. Chief among the standard features is the navigation system. Unfortunately, it is provided by Garmin and is awful: the display is antiquated and the interface is no fun either.

Big vehicles like the Durango are not usually known for their miserly fuel consumption numbers. This Dodge is no different.

In fact, if you're looking to cut fuel consumption, opt for the HEMI. My tester was equipped, so to speak, with the 3.6L Pentastar V6.

I was under the impression, at first, that the top of the line Citadel was only available with the V8. I had noticed that HEMI badges were not prominently displayed but figured that “Citadel” was all-encompassing. Believe-me-you, I was choked by how uneventful the engine was; where was the roar and the action?

Truth is, when I finally came out of my coma, I was still um-impressed. Passing manoeuvres were laborious and needed to be considered ahead of time. The engine's 290 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque are only adequate for the task at hand. With four passengers on board and some gear, I was longing for the 360-hp HEMI. Which brings me to fuel consumption. I managed no better than 15.5L per 100 km during my week-long test. The many kick-downs and ventures into WOT territory massacred the average. My guess is that the HEMI would scarcely chug more, probably less than a 10% penalty.

The 5-speed autobox, although competent, could be blamed for being short-cogged but only in part. As an FYI, the Durango weighs in at roughly 115 kg (253 lbs) more than an equally kitted-out Grand Cherokee, for a total of 2,312 kg (5,097 lbs). Clearly, girth is the enemy.

As for the drive, the Durango is more agile and nimble than it should be. Steering's got enough bite and the brakes, enough brawn, that once you do get up to speed, the remainder of the mechanical components won't let you down. The ride is composed and comfortable; again, unlike what we would expect by looking at the thing.

The Durango is not that hard to figure out: it's spacious, versatile, frankly handsome and only suffers from a lack of get-up-and-go with the Pentastar. Even pricing is competitive. A base SXT starts at $37,995 and my totally-loaded V6 Citadel comes in at $49,995. The Citadel does get HID headlights, nav, 20” wheels, heated power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, blind-spot detection, vented seats and adaptive cruise, to name a few, justifying the price. The HEMI option will set you back $1,900 but is well worth the investment, especially if you plan to tow.

I really liked the Durango, almost unexpectedly so. In this category (which includes the aforementioned vehicles), I've only not yet driven the Ford. As I stand though, I'm gunning for the Dodge.
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2011, 09:01 PM
الصورة الرمزية tarbook
tarbook tarbook غير متواجد حالياً
من انا؟: خالد صلاح الدين سمير
التخصص العملى: Computer Science
هواياتي: السيارات واسماك البحار

تاريخ التسجيل: Apr 2010
الموقع: مصر ام الدنيا القاهره
المشاركات: 645
tarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond reputetarbook has a reputation beyond repute
افتراضي رد: 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel Review

:0 18A1D~146:

اشهد ان لا اله الا الله وحده لا شريك له واشهد ان محمد رسول الله عليه افضل الصلاه والسلام على الحبيب المصطفى

لا اله الا انت سبحانك انى كنت من الظالمين

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2011, 10:18 PM
الصورة الرمزية خالداعزالناس
خالداعزالناس خالداعزالناس غير متواجد حالياً
من انا؟: مهندس/ خالد
التخصص العملى: مهندس اتصالات
هواياتي: التنزه - السفر

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2009
الموقع: القاهره
المشاركات: 3,679
خالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond reputeخالداعزالناس has a reputation beyond repute
افتراضي رد: 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel Review

سياره رووووووووووووعه ......... وفى الحقيقه شكلها ممتاز

طابع هجومى ومقدمه رهيييييييييييبه

اللهم احفظ بناتنا ونسائنا فى كل مكان من شياطين الانس
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 09:00 PM.