العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW

BMW رغم ما تعرضت له الشركة من ازمات كثيره اخرها ازمة شرائها لروفر الانجليزية الا انها مازالت تؤكد على ريادتها فلسلفتها الخاصة فى سيارتها التى تجمع بين الجمال متعة الاداء اشترت حقوق رولز رويس الانجليزية بالاضافة الى مينى ومن اشهر سيارتها BMW X5 X3 M6 M5 7 series - 5 series - 3 series

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 04:55 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 Review

As if mocking the hybrid concept, BMW’s ActiveHybrid 7 delivers outrageous performance while extending a token gesture to economy. In fact, BMW claims that it’s the world’s fastest hybrid sedan—and I’m a believer. Although it’s eerily quick, it’s by no means the most fuel-efficient hybrid sedan.

Prodigious power – noteworthy economy
Let’s talk power—unearthly power. The ActiveHybrid 7 combines the effects of electric propulsion and that generated by a twin turbocharged V8 gas engine to produce an output of 455 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of tire-shredding torque.

The force-fed powerplant is BMW’s highly praised 4.4-litre V8 that utilizes direct injection fuel delivery. The hybrid technology paired-up with the petrol mill is of the “mild” variety, meaning that the car is never propelled by electricity alone.

Although the engine shuts down when the vehicle is stationary, it fires-up upon release of the brake pedal and runs continuously while the car is in motion. While in operation, the engine is augmented by an electric motor situated deep within the driveline resulting in full torque delivery at only 2,000 rpm.

And while I derided the ActiveHybrid 7 for mocking less powerful hybrids, its hybrid attributes include that of reasonably acceptable fuel economy when measured against the size of this sled and its performance capabilities. My average economy, which consisted primarily of city driving and plenty of right-foot weight, rang in at 13.2L/100km.

I’m certain that a more prudent foot could easily coax a better return from the big Bimmer, which has earned a respectable economy rating of 12.0 and 8.1L/100km city and highway driving respectively. Part of the frugality—and indeed the outstanding performance—is attributable to the vehicle’s new 8-speed autobox.

With such a wealth of torque on-tap, the ActiveHybrid 7 minimizes fuel consumption by maximizing the use of its big cogs, resulting in low revs and less thirst. That is of course until my thirst for power needs quenching.

Hard to believe it’s a hybrid
The only subtle clue that BMW’s hybrid flagship is actually a hybrid, is detected when the engine fires-up upon departing a stop. Slight vibration is felt as the V8 takes its first breath and resumes normal operation. Sometimes that first breath takes a fraction too long, which is apparent when the throttle is mashed from a standstill.

Once the technology catches up to quick-twitch muscles, the results are overwhelming. Acceleration is downright shocking, and it shows no sign of depletion as the speedo embraces triple digits. Along the way the muted growl of a refined V8 erases any perception of electrical assistance while the transmission slots a multitude of cogs with razor precision.

Select Sport+ mode and naught to 100kph can be claimed in 4.9 or so seconds.

Four settings contour powertrain and chassis dynamics
Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport+, the choice is yours. Feel like floating on a cloud—choose Comfort. Want to keep the big sedan taut and athletic—Sport’s your setting. Taking on Germany’s famous Nurburgring—Sport+ it is.

Each setting, beginning with Comfort, intensifies engine response, shift mapping and suspension calibration to incrementally enhance performance dynamics, the effects of which are quite dramatic.

In Comfort mode, the ActiveHybrid 7 is soft and delightful without exhibiting excessive mushiness. The Normal setting is just that—a composed, controlled ride that’s typical of BMW. The Sport setting ups the ante by invoking greater athleticism into the operation. Last up is Sport+ mode, which further hardens the underpinnings while keeping the engine primed for full discharge with a mere tap of the hostility pedal.

Any of the four settings can be instantaneously activated via a pair of buttons situated next to the gearshift.

Comfort and safety also found behind the wheel
There’s no denying the fact that BMW’s 7-Series is a big automobile but the ActiveHybrid 7 successfully conceals much of its bulk through great driving dynamics and sublime comfort. Its heated/cooled front seats are simply divine; I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced a more luxurious perch.

Legroom throughout the leather and woodgrain cabin is exceptional thanks to the long wheelbase of Canadian-sold ActiveHybrid 7s. Along with physical comfort comes musical bliss delivered by a magnificent sounding 16-speaker premium audio system.

With comfort and performance taken care of, BMW chose to emphasize safety and protection. Along with a full-suite of equipment typically found in this segment, my tester was equipped with Night Vision. This technology uses an infrared camera system to display warm objects, such as human bodies or otherwise, onto the in-dash navigation screen and the heads-up windshield display.

The camera can pickup such objects 100m ahead—often that’s beyond the low-beam headlights’ field of illumination as depicted in the accompanying photos.

BMW ActiveHybrid 7 – is there a need?
In many ways, the ActiveHybrid 7 is the “mother of all hybrids.” Whether one discounts its existence as a marketing ploy by BMW to portray itself as being green, time will tell.

From my perspective, the demand for prestigious automobiles with plenty of power and opulence will always exist, so anything that improves the efficiency and cleanliness of these petrol over-consumers is a good thing. Hybrid technology isn’t a panacea but small increments toward green are better than no increments.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 03:26 AM.