العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 16-06-2011, 11:01 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD Review

The Acura TL doesn’t change much, if at all, for 2011 but that’s because it didn’t need to. As part of its 2009 rebirth, Acura fitted an optional all-wheel-drive system to the TL, helping Germanize this performance-oriented eye-catching sedan.

The Acura TL doesn’t change much, if at all, for 2011 but that’s because it didn’t need to. (Photo: Rob Rothwell/Auto123.com)

Distinctive cut and chiseled styling
It doesn’t blend. The TL’s brash, angular design theme is unique, giving it “standout factor” well beyond convention. Some have decried its bold, aggressive looks, claiming that it’s over-the-top. I don’t see it that way.

Yes, the TL is in your face like an angry New Yorker, but that’s the point. It begs to be noticed, and I like what I notice: sharp, proportionate, stimulating lines. Acura has bravely applied a bucketful of rousing design elements without creating a spectacle of sorts—and they’ve pulled from the bucket to design the interior as well.

The TL’s cabin is a busy yet refined environment that will keep button-pushing techno-geeks amused for days. Those more “business inclined” will appreciate the upscale surroundings and extensive complement of standard equipment.

The front seats in my tester provided outstanding support and bolstering; and I found generous legroom at all seating positions and plenty of headroom front and rear. After spending some seat time in the TL, I became comfortable with its array of switches and controls, including the rotating interface controlling the navigation system and various other settings.

Given its broad sheets of glass, visibility from within the TL is noteworthy—and this isn’t always the case with flamboyantly styled vehicles. And what’s style without substance?

Superb V6 delivers plenty of substance
The base Acura TL is a front-wheel-drive affair powered by a 3.5-litre SOHC V6 that discharges 280 horsepower—and “yes,” it’s a very nice engine. The powerplant accompanying an upgrade to Super Handling – All-Wheel-Drive (SH-AWD) builds upon the 3.5’s many attributes.

While displacing 3.7-litres, the SH-AWD’s SOHC V6 engine dispenses a stout 305 horsepower @ 6,300 rpm and 273 pound-feet of torque @ 5,000 rpm. This VTEC-equipped mill loves to rev, and that’s where it finds its depth and fortitude.

The sweet spinning, premium gas-fired dynamo is banded to a 5-speed automatic transmission featuring wheel-mounted shift paddles. Fortunately for purists—myself included—a 6-speed manual gearbox is available to fulfill “shifting” desires.

While displacing 3.7-litres, the SH-AWD’s SOHC V6 engine dispenses a stout 305 horsepower @ 6,300 rpm and 273 pound-feet of torque @ 5,000 rpm. (Photo: Rob Rothwell/Auto123.com)

Regrettably, my tester was equipped with the automatic transmission. My heart sank slightly as my hand fell upon the auto-stick when settling into the driver-centric cockpit. And with only five cogs in its box, the transmission is rapidly becoming “old school” as competitors lay claim to a half dozen or more gears.

Still, what the TL SH-AWD misses in gears it easily makes-up for in exhilaration founded on four lively wheels.

Hi-revving V6 elation
The anti-climatic presence of an autostick was soon a repressed memory as I delighted in the attributes of the larger powerplant serving beneath the sculpted hood of the TL SH-AWD. This engine begs to be pushed, and when it is the outcome is delightful.

Despite peaking high in its generous rev band, power is delivered smoothly and progressively, accompanied by a refined snarl. Maximizing the engine’s potential means keeping its tach dialed high. Shift paddles simplify this process while compelling a welcome dose of driver engagement.

Acceleration off the line is good but not startling; once the TL finds its legs though, it pulls with enthusiasm over and over again to its 6,700 rpm redline. Whereas acceleration is a TL SH-AWD attribute, it may not be its greatest strength. Handling ability is more deserving of that honour.

Handling is super
Acura’s “Super Handling” nomenclature isn’t just window dressing. It refers to the vehicle’s ability to torque vector—meaning it can direct additional torque to the outside wheels when cornering. The extra torque effectively pulls the car through a corner.

As you know, the outside wheels travel faster and further than the inside wheels through a curve, thereby entitling them to a lager slice of the torque pie. The benefit may feel subtle to the average driver but the principle is sound nonetheless.

This sedan is a practical vehicle that supplies plenty of room and comfort. (Photo: Rob Rothwell/Auto123.com)

Throughout my time behind my tester’s wheel, I appreciated its stable composed ride dynamics, especially on the highway where it really shines. The vehicle felt “nailed down” and secure at speed. Its steering was precise and immediately reactive but also relaxing enough to avoid the “twitchiness” that can creep into cat-like setups.

If there’s a knock against the underpinnings of the TL SH-AWD, it would pertain to ride quality. I would have welcomed a slight relaxation of the stiffness that fortifies the car’s superb athleticism.

Maybe it’s a middle-age guy thing, but I would rather be spoiled by a little more ride diplomacy than the ability to outturn an F18 fighter jet. That’s a personal thing though, and I’m sure there are many that would prefer the latter—and I can’t blame them, it’s all part of the TL’s exhilaration factor.

SH-AWD, the final word
As luck would have it, Eastern Canada’s snow ended up in Western Canada during my last few days with the 2011 TL SH-AWD. Here again, the AWD capability of my tester proved its mettle but from a completely different perspective.

The TL SH-AWD is a distinctive performance sedan that inspires and exhilarates. It’s also a practical vehicle that supplies plenty of room and comfort, plus traction to pull its way through someone else’s weather pattern!
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 02:12 PM.