العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 11:36 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible First Impressions

I cannot imagine a better place than beautiful Southern California to test drive a convertible. I am here for the launch of some new products from Chrysler.

Chrysler is getting back in the game. They have the youngest showroom in Canada, featuring sixteen all new, or completely redesigned vehicles.

Chrysler has dropped the Sebring nameplate and is now introducing the 2011 Chrysler 200 and 200 convertible.

After spending the entire morning in the redesigned Chrysler 300 sedan, I rush through lunch to ensure that I will be able to enjoy as much time in the sun with the top down in the 200. The afternoon’s drive is all about the convertible and there is no 200 sedan for me to drive.

In my opinion, convertibles come in two major styles; very impractical, 2-seater, look at me, fun to drive, roadsters; and, the idea of a practical, 4-seater, roomy, fun to drive, comfortable convertible.

I say the “idea” of practical because most of the mid-size convertibles don't actually provide space in the back seat for adults, let alone any room in the trunk when the top is down.

I would almost call this 200 a true mid-size convertible. Seating for four adults in this car is actually manageable. Don’t get me wrong, there is not a tonne of legroom in the back, but I think that most people could sit back there and not have too much to complain about.

I managed to put a few bags in the trunk with the top down, my car has the retractable hard top and I keep it down for most of my drive. Could you put golf clubs back here when the top is down? No, but they will fit in the back seat.

All trims level will come with a power cloth top and unfortunately, the power retractable hard top is only available as a $2,500 option on the top of the line Limited model.

The new exterior has a very uncomplicated and clean design. All-new sheetmetal really brings attention to the simple surfaces and sleek lines. Same goes for the revised front grille shows off the new Chrysler winged badge.

This car has other features like new projector headlamps, projector-beam fog lamps, a new hood, exterior mirrors similar to the 300, and all-new front fascia and fenders.

This modernized interior will help people forget about the all the plastic in the Sebring. I am impressed. This new design has a look and feel that is fresher and more upscale.

Changes have been made to the instrument panel, bezels, gauge faces and steering wheel. The layout is simple and Chrysler has done a great job of not over doing the decorative trims. The fit and finish are first class and it is evident that Chrysler was looking for a high-end appeal.

For carbon colours, customers can choose between a black, or black with light frost beige in either cloth or leather with accent stitching.

The seats are comfortable. Chrysler has added extra cushioning and revised the spring geometry. Six-way power-adjustable seats are an option on the base model and standard on the higher trims. Tilt and telescoping steering is standard on all models.

The new soft-touch material on the armrests is a wonderful detail for longer drives.

The new steering wheel features integrated controls for the radio, cruise control, hands free phone and other vehicle functions all within easy reach of my fingers and thumbs so that I don’t have to take my hands of the wheel.

An optional media centre that uses voice commands to radio, SIRIUS, a 30-gigabyte hard drive, navigation system and even your own iPod is also available.

This Chrysler 200 also has new and improved powertrain options. The base model comes standard with a 2.4-litre I4 engine matched to a 4-speed automatic or optional 6-speed automatic with manual mode.

Standard on all Touring and Limited trim levels is the all-new 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine, paired with the six-speed automatic and produces 283 hp. Named one of Ward's 10 best engines for 2011, it gives great power and excellent fuel economy.

Convertibles obviously don’t have the stiffness that a sedan does. The Sebring felt ‘floaty’ in corners and very soft. This 200 has seen a complete overhaul done to its suspension for 2011. 22 of the 28 suspensions bushings have been redesigned and the track is an inch wider.

I notice less body roll and I feel more in control of the car, especially at highway speeds. I am driving on some fairly twisty roads and am very pleased with the steering sensitivity.

This handsome looking convertible also comes with plenty of standard safety and security features like advanced multi-stage front passenger airbags, electronic stability control, four-wheel antilock brakes and active head restraints.

The base model starts at just under $30,000 and offers a nice convertible with some space. I think that the Touring trim will be the one that people want. It gives the better engine and 6-speed auto. Chrysler says this will be the most affordable convertible with an automatic at just under $36,500. My complaint with this trim is that the retractable hard top is not even available as an option.

If I compare the 200 sedan to other already established cars in this class; the Accord, Fusion and Malibu; I don’t think Chrysler will find much success.

But take the top off the 200 and the story changes. The improvements for 2011 on this 200 convertible make it a pretty fantastic car.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 02:18 PM.