العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > أودي AUDI > Audi News Archive

Audi News Archive ارشيف اخبارى نقلاً عن المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 18-06-2011, 08:53 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Audi R8 Spyder First Impressions

The Audi R8 may have gone topless, but it proves just as exotic while delivering the same exhilarating performance. Still, as far as first impressions go, I have to admit that the ''Wow'' factor isn't quite as strong now. And I'm not just talking from an innocent bystander point of view; at the AJAC's TestFest, taking the R8 Spyder for a spin felt a lot less compelling for many journalists on hand.

This is no ordinary car, mind you, and the German's greatness isn't to be questioned.

Losing more than just a top
As is often the case, the Spyder name suggests a convertible. In this case, the exterior changes are subtle and the overall design probably looks a bit less extreme than the coupe's. In fact, you won't even see the striking side blades that so powerfully define the profile of the original. It's also a shame that the functional soft top does not fit in as smoothly with the car's beautiful lines.

Okay, maybe I'm getting too harsh. After all, the R8 Spyder really is an exceptional machine – no doubt about it. The interior hasn't changed one iota, so expect the same surprising level of comfort, flawless driving position and world-class fit and finish. In other words, despite losing some cachet on the outside, life inside this Audi feels just as good.

The clever mechanism that operates the soft top (at the touch of a button) takes just a few seconds to complete its action. You can lower the rear and side windows if you still want to enjoy the wind without messing up your fresh new haircut.

A dreamy powerplant

Under the hood of this technological marvel sits arguably the best car engine on the market, namely a 5.2-litre FSI V10 that produces a thundering 525 horsepower along with 490 lb-ft of torque. If you don't care about numbers, that's fine, but know that your precious haircut stands no chance once you go full throttle.

That being said, the beauty of this engine lies in its progressiveness. Unlike some of the more radical competitors (hello Porsche 911 Turbo S!), power is delivered firmly yet steadily. There is no sudden explosion, just absolute control under acceleration.

It's all backed by the kind of sound effects you would hear from a symphony orchestra. Dropping the top turns the experience into a unique open-air concert. At times, my only preoccupation while sprinting from A to B was the captivating crescendo produced by the 10-cylinder monster.

Making things even sweeter is a precise 6-speed transmission that rivals some of the finest Italians.

The car is remarkably balanced and solid on the road. A big part of the credit goes to Audi engineers, who managed to keep the R8's structural rigidity at about the same level as the coupe's, meaning drivers have to sacrifice little in terms of handling dynamics. Understeer may prove to be a slight issue for some, but it definitely improves safety for less experienced track goers.

Wrap-up
The 2011 Audi R8 Spyder is both highly refined and exotic, fulfilling its mission in a most effective way. In fact, it builds so much on the success of the regular R8 that I would be hard-pressed to pick a favourite. Obviously, my bank account won't let me have either of them. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses and targets a different type of customer.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 08:51 PM.