العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 11:49 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD Review

Cadillac is a storied brand that shaped a lot of people's automotive memories. Once the ultimate embodiment of personal success, it went through a dark period before rising back and (almost) regaining its powerful status of yore.

At $47,625, this car offers impressive bang for your buck. (Photo: Matthieu Lambert/Auto123.com)

Much of the credit goes to the latest generation of the Cadillac CTS, whose lineup now includes a striking two-door coupe.

Today's Caddy has nothing to do with your father's or grandfather's. No longer built like a land yacht, its interpretation of luxury incorporates what no ancestor could ever offer – genuine driving excitement.

Love it or hate it
From a design standpoint, the new models from Cadillac are best described as polarizing. Here, the aggressively-chiseled silhouette with prominent lines and sharp angles, inspired from classic stealth fighters, either attracts onlookers like a magnet or sends them fleeing.

I must say I have a thing for this variety of styling. CTS designers really thought it through and the result is quite distinctive and exclusive, particularly the coupe variant.

When the concept was introduced a couple of years ago, I recall both the media and public getting all excited by its unique shape. The nose obviously mimics the sedan, but the sculpted tail rises way up in the air. In between is a dramatically-defined roofline that gives the CTS Coupe the look of a rocket that will tear up the space-time continuum.

Actually, when I think about it, the thing that makes the production model so attractive is the close proximity with the concept car.

Fantastic cabin
The interior is equally gorgeous. Rich materials, high build quality, a simple and user-friendly dashboard, and a comprehensive array of premium amenities make this CTS wonderful to live with.

Having great seats is a must in my book. Well, I'm happy to report that the front buckets prove supportive in corners yet comfortable over long distances. They can be easily adjusted, helping you find an excellent driving position in no time.

Every other passenger enjoys ample room, even for the knees. However, in typical coupe fashion, rear-seat access is relatively challenging.

The interior is equally gorgeous. Rich materials, high build quality, a simple and user-friendly dashboard. (Photo: Matthieu Lambert/Auto123.com)

AWD prowess
Under the hood of my tester was the acclaimed 3.6-litre V6 engine from General Motors, which produces 304 horsepower and delivers pretty decent accelerations, not to mention a fair share of thrills.

It also came with an effective all-wheel drive system that contributes to phenomenal traction. Add the automaker's StabiliTrak electronic stability control and you get a stable, safe and super-confident luxury machine.

Lively driving dynamics
Admittedly, I entertained a few doubts prior to stepping behind the wheel of this Cadillac, mostly because I found an automatic transmission in a so-called sports coupe – one that's relatively big and heavy on top of that. I feared that driving dynamics would disappoint a little.

Under the hood of my tester was the acclaimed 3.6-litre V6 engine from General Motors, which produces 304 horsepower and delivers pretty decent accelerations. (Photo: Matthieu Lambert/Auto123.com)

I was wrong. The powerplant is quite responsive, the steering feels sharp and, much to my surprise, the suspension offers near-perfect ride quality while maintaining sure footing in any road conditions. In fact, weight transfers are barely noticeable even under hard braking.

And, yes, the 6-speed autobox isn't too shabby, either. In Comfort mode, the unit operates and reacts beautifully. Crank it up to Sport mode and it will mirror your spirited driving style for maximum fun on the road.

Wrap-up
As a former race car driver, I love sporty driving, obviously, but I also appreciate great levels of comfort. The 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD spectacularly meets both criteria in a stylish, one-of-a-kind package.

At $47,625, this car offers impressive bang for your buck. Believe it or not, with all these great design features and performance credentials, the CTS Coupe can easily play with the big boys from Germany.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 02:29 PM.