العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الكورية والماليزية > Hyundai هيونداى > HYUNDAI News Archive

HYUNDAI News Archive ارشيف اخبار هيونداى من المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 06:32 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2010 Hyundai Tucson GL AWD Review

Hyundai—the Korean manufacturer of relatively inexpensive high-value vehicles—is taking its modest compact crossover to new levels with the introduction of the completely new, 2010 Tucson.

In search of visual distinction
Its design was conceived and executed in Hyundai’s recently established European-inspired design centre located in Frankfurt, Germany. Despite Hyundai’s laudable effort to increase brand distinction while exciting the senses, I don’t find the new Tucson’s look to be appealing or inspiring.

The design is headed in too many directions at once to find any sort of defining theme or particular focus. At least that’s the way I view it; obviously many others see it quite differently. Although the bodylines leave me distracted, the Tucson’s overall build quality is impressive given its modest pricing.

Roomy cabin of modest means
The desirable build quality extends to the Tucson’s unpretentious cabin. There’s nothing too complex or unforgiving in the 5-seat living space although hard plastic is in liberal use, reminding occupants of the Tucson’s economy roots.

Although the cabin’s architecture is unremarkable, its ability to accommodate tall occupants is. Head and legroom fore and aft is quite generous for a compact SUV. Despite room for lengthy limbs, the seats are simply “okay” when it comes to comfort and support.

The flip-down rear seatbacks are easy to drop, providing a fairly flat load floor in aid of cargo loading chores. It wasn’t necessary to remove head restraints or perform multiple steps to raise or lower the seatbacks.

The cargo hold was of sufficient dimension to absorb my road bike without the oft-necessary front wheel removal. With cycling gear neatly stowed, it was simply a matter of placing the Tucson in ‘D’ and moving energetically onward.

Peppy engine is well refined
The 2010 Tucson delighted me with several unexpected attributes, one of which is the operation of its 4-banger mill. The in-line 2.4-litre DOHC engine produces 176 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm and 168 pound-feet of torque @ 4,000 rpm.

Obviously those numbers aren’t staggering by any measure but they manage to propel the Tucson with surprising pep, some of which is undoubtedly attributable to a 6-speed transmission. Both the automatic and manual Tucson transmissions utilize six gears to coax the best out of the thrifty powerplant.

I had been expecting something fairly coarse under the hood but was surprised by the smooth, refined operation of the Tucson’s engine. Even when approaching redline, Hyundai’s little workhorse maintained its quiet composure.

And with the Tucson, composure isn’t limited to engine harmonics, it applies equally well to life on the rugged trail.

A couple more surprises
My Tucson tester was equipped with Hyundai’s on-demand all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, which includes Hill Descent Control. This feature holds the Tucson’s speed to 8kph or so during steep, slippery descents.

To improve traction on the upside, a driver-selectable lock initiates a 50/50 torque-split front to rear. When not engaged, the front wheels do the propelling until they begin to slip, at which point the rear wheels are leaned on for extra grip.

The combination of hill descent control and torque-locking set the Tucson apart from many other light-duty AWD SUVs not benefiting from such useful off-pavement provisions.

No surprise ride quality
The pleasant surprises don’t include ride quality. I found the Tucson’s ride characteristics to be unnecessarily firm, especially given the lightweight nature of compact SUVs. It wasn’t unduly harsh by any stretch but underpinnings capable of greater absorbency would enhance the ride experience.

Perhaps the silver lining to the Tucson’s ride dynamics is the inherent athleticism that accompanies it. The vehicle remains relatively flat and stable during aggressive cornering although I wasn’t a fan of the feedback delivered by the Tucson’s motor-driven power steering unit.

The steering feels somewhat virtual-like due in part to excessively “springy” resistance. The variable nature of the power assist works quite effectively when parking by greatly reducing resistance levels at low speeds; less than helpful is rearward visibility, which loses out to style in the up-swooping belt line.

Tucson in a paragraph

Hyundai stakes much of its claim on value, and the 2010 Tucson is a valid example of that ideal. It’s a compact SUV that provides plenty of occupant accommodation for its diminutive size and an admirably refined powertrain given the econo-segment in which it resides.

Most notable for me was the inclusion of downhill descent control and 50/50 locking torque split as standard equipment when the AWD option is selected; included on all Tucson models is stability control combined with traction control.

Additional standard fare encompasses front airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags with rollover sensing.

If you can get over exterior styling that attempts but fails to “wow,” and you can live with the firm ride, the 2010 Tucson has a lot to offer for relatively little take.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 09:37 PM.