العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 18-06-2011, 08:35 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي Aston Martin DB9 Road Test

On certain days, I feel like I'm blessed by the Gods. It's as if a particularly dedicated guardian angel watched over me and made me live the most unforgettable experiences on Earth. I recently had one of those blessed days. Accompanied by a friend of mine, I was able to drive one of the rare Aston Martin DB9s that were sold in Canada over the last couple of months. (I only tested the DB9 Coupe and not the drop-top version called Volante.)

Let's make things perfectly clear: an Aston Martin is not just another product for people to buy. With its presence and aura, one could easily believe that this car was made in heaven. So much so that when I gripped the steering wheel for the first time, I immediately felt untouchable -- kind of like Agent 007 upon accepting a new mission.

Grace
Behind said wheel, the driver suddenly feels an unprecedented feverishness. This exaltation first comes from the reputation, since the Aston Martin legend, notwithstanding a few reliability nightmares, is about aristocracy in its purest form.

The English automaker has indeed managed to conquer the heart of everyone who gets a taste of its cars by offering a unique, refined driving experience -- with no comparison possible. It couldn't be truer with the proud successor of the DB7, the DB9, which hasn't changed one iota since being launched in 2005. And understandably so: one does not mess with near perfection.

The real divine moment happens when you start the engine. Don't waist your time turning the key or moving the clutch shifter -- both are useless. Simply by pressing your finger on the S button (for "Start", obviously), your entire body literally begins to vibrate. It's a fact that the sound of the 450-hp V12 engine is worthy of being considered among the great classics of music.

A gentle tap on the throttle sets off a sweet symphony that charms the ears of every enthusiast and truly gives the impression that a docile yet powerful beast rests underneath your right foot.

Touring or sports car?
Once the engine has warmed up, you have to use the tip of your fingers to launch the car, as the six-speed automatic transmission is controlled via paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The DB9 does not merely accelerate; it literally pounces and surges forward like a giant, gracious feline. The linear power of the 6.0L engine never suffers from the slightest hesitation, regardless of the conditions.

Purists certainly won't like the idea of an autobox for such a sports car, but let me tell you that the ZF-designed sequential transmission of the DB9 displays far greater quickness and precision than any of us, mere road drivers, can handle. It manages to find the appropriate gear faster than a manual transmission would. And since the engine torque is available at 1,500 rpm only, you never feel obliged to manipulate the gearbox to find the power you need. When the moment comes, however, the paddle shifters on the steering wheel allow surgically precise gear changes. Aston Martin also offers a six-speed manual transmission with the DB9.

A few more words on the road manners of this sophisticated Lady. The steering is extremely accurate and the suspension can be adjusted to the driver's requirements. The result is uncompromised road grip -- even better than with the DB9's smaller sister, the Vanquish. Meanwhile, handling is improved by the abundance of such materials as magnesium and aluminum, which make this royal-sized coupe lighter.

A tea salon
100 % British, the cockpit uses rich materials of unparalleled nobleness. The seats, while a bit firm, shroud the occupants and offer unique comfort. In addition, the angel-soft wood accents benefit from a perfect finish. As for the dashboard itself, the refined simplicity is remarkable despite the many sophisticated accessories.

One cannot talk about the DB9 without mentioning its amazingly sleek and smooth lines. In fact, the body is unmistakably Aston Martin. I'm referring to the car's personality and, unsurprisingly, the front grille that became closely linked to the history of this English brand.

If it wasn't for the asking price (slightly over $200,000) and the small fatigue of the brakes when highly solicited on a race track (I noticed some brake overheating), there would be absolutely nothing to say against this car.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 01-12-2016, 08:39 AM
KevinDroli KevinDroli غير متواجد حالياً
من انا؟: Man
التخصص العملى: Paraguay
هواياتي: KevinDroliNH

تاريخ التسجيل: Nov 2016
الموقع: Paraguay
المشاركات: 1
KevinDroli is on a distinguished road
افتراضي Aston Martin DB9 Road Test

I would honestly want to drop in a carb'd V8 just because. I'd buy it but I got too many vehicles on the side I would rather waste my money on.

Trying to part out an Aston Martin in Alberta isn't exactly easy...
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 07:36 AM.