العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > BMW

BMW رغم ما تعرضت له الشركة من ازمات كثيره اخرها ازمة شرائها لروفر الانجليزية الا انها مازالت تؤكد على ريادتها فلسلفتها الخاصة فى سيارتها التى تجمع بين الجمال متعة الاداء اشترت حقوق رولز رويس الانجليزية بالاضافة الى مينى ومن اشهر سيارتها BMW X5 X3 M6 M5 7 series - 5 series - 3 series

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 05:10 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is Review

What’s sleek, fast, has a retractable hard top and a penchant for luxury and performance? If you know your cars, there are many that could fit this description. One of them is the subject of this review. The BMW Z4, especially since its most recent facelift, is clearly one of those cars that many guys and gals point to and say: “one day, I’ll have one in the garage”.

It’s by no stretch of the imagination difficult to understand why the Z4 often gets the nod from those dreamin’ of a roadster. Although some may select the Mazda MX-5 as their dream two-seater drop-top for its simplicity and affordability, others prefer substance, panache and prestige. And the Z4 offers all of that and more.

Full of purpose
Just in case you’re not sure what draws people’s attention to the Z4, take a good look at it from the side. Notice the long hood that essentially consists in more than 1/3 of the total body length of the car. Very classic. The wheels are at each extremity. Very sporty. The cabin is tight and the trunk, sufficient. Very British. Everything comes together in a precise manner full of meaning and purpose. Very German. Very nice.

Starting with this as a base, the “is” gain the M Sport Package as standard equipment. It adds visual details such as the 18” BMW Star Spoke alloy wheels, Oxide Silver side-view mirrors and a body-colour rear diffuser. Soaked in Black Sapphire Metallic paint, the contrast between the wheels, mirrors and body is enticing and hints at what this special Z4 is capable of.

And special it is. Even its full name is special: BMW Z4 sDrive35is. And ridiculous. With a name this long, you can almost bet that no owner of the car will ever bother going through the entire thing thus defeating the reason why BMW is fusing them on their products: to identify drivetrains and engines. Thankfully, that’s the worse part of the car.

Money and horsepower
Almost. Want to guess what the asking price for this German Gem is? Base price is $77,900! That’s $6,600 more than an M3 Coupé! Or, $2,700 more if you select an M3 with the M Double Clutch Transmission, which is standard on this Z4. The main differences here are a V8 vs. an I6 with 2 turbos and a 4-seater coupé vs. a roadster. The decision is up to you, but it makes me wonder how much an M Roadster or Coupé would run if ever they were made available again...

If we get back to the Z4 sDrive35is, the main reasons why BMW wants a Hyundai Accent’s worth more money for it over the basic Z4 sDrive35i can be found under the bonnet. The aforementioned 7-speed MDC transmission is a triumph of a box. The shifts are lightning fast; response to paddle tap is instantaneous, at least as quick as those of Porsche’s wonderful PDK. Problem with the paddles is that they are of the two-mode toggle sort. BMW is one of the last makers in the World to utilize this type of interface for switching gears.

The other is the divine turbocharged 3.0L inline 6-cylinder engine. Power is up to 335 hp from 300 and torque climbs to 332 lb-ft. With the overboost function, that number jumps to 369! This is the best ever iteration of one of my favourite 6-cylinder motors! In the “is”, it's loud, almost crude and ever so powerful!

On the road and track
The Z4is is very much at home on the track as I discovered during a Jim Russell racing school course I participated in. It took place at the always excellent Circuit Mont Tremblant. Known for its elevation changes, blind corners and long straights, this track puts every mechanical aspect of the car to the test.

With truck-loads of torque, the Z4 will pull out of a corner much quicker than you anticipate. For those that have limited track experience, I would suggest you leave the dynamic stability control active. The large disc brakes are very strong at first but like a few other Bimmers I’ve driven in the past, they prefer not to be pushed for too long, as they have a hard time standing the heat.

Negotiating Tremblant’s esses and other tight corners is pure joy in the Z4is. The adaptive M suspension, the 50:50 weight distribution and the dynamic driving control in Sport+ transform the innocent-looking little roadster into a sheer terror for those sharing the tarmac with you. Steering is sharp and heavy, body movements are null and void and the car just wants to keep going.

To get to the Circuit, highways and byways are travelled on, and here as well as in the city, the car’s driving modes and rigid body shell allow it to be just as at home wherever you may want to go.

Fit for two
The snug cabin’s atmosphere is all about sportiness and performance. The sport seats perform double-duty as comfortable perches and supportive buckets. Kansas Walnut leather is almost everywhere. That as well as the aluminum carbon strip and M sport steering wheel let you know that even though this is a performance car, it’s still a luxurious mode of transportation.

But what about the price?
The Z4 sDrive35is is a very attractive car, but I’m seriously stuck on the asking price. Like it and the Audi S5 I putzed around in the same week before (I know, I know...), there are so many cars in the $65k to $80k range that I would go nuts if I had to choose one.

Certainly in the BMW camp though, and although I enjoyed the Z4is more than any other Z3 or Z4 I have ever driven (including the M Coupe I drove a few years ago), I’d get an M3 Coupé and invest in a top-notch set of brake pads and fluid to ward off minor braking issues. Obviously, I would not be able to put the top down and enjoy the sun’s rays as I would in the Z...
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 11:20 PM.