العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الكورية والماليزية > كيا KIA > KIA News Archive

KIA News Archive ارشيف اخبار كيا من المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 08:20 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Kia Forte5 SX Luxury Review

I feel like I’m repeating myself, but every time I talk about a Kia or one of its Hyundai cousins, I can’t help put gush about its flair, aestheticism or refinement. And that is once again the case with the all-new Kia Forte5 SX, such a stylish little ride.

Apparently, Kia isn’t pulling any punches. For the past few years, the automaker has signed on the father of the Audi TT and VW’s New Beetle, German designer Peter Schreyer. Schreyer has been responsible for the fate of Kia’s design studio, and his first accomplishment was the spectacular Kia Soul.

But Schreyer is also the man behind the Forte and its myriad variations, proof enough of his talent and the quality of his work.

European flavour
Though the Forte5 has a style all its own, it’s inspired from some of the automotive world’s successful ventures. Certain parts of the body, for instance, have a distinct European quality, like the rear line that’s somewhat reminiscent of the VW Golf.

Other elements, such as the headlamps, are definitely Saab-esque, creating a youthful look. The package doesn’t come off as disparate, however, and the Forte5’s profile is simply dramatic – for its class, mind you. Indeed, the Kia Forte5 Will be in style for a ways to come and will retain its aesthetic value.

Inside, the seats are a little hard and offer only a modicum of support, especially on longer road trips. However, the Forte5 does feature a decent collection of equipment and ensures a comfortable ride. The cabin proves quite ergonomic, with easy-to-use, well-located commands that help you keep your eyes on the road. The entire cabin is nicely appointed in decent plastic materials, with quality controls and a rather pleasing backlit dash. And given the push-button start in lieu of a key, you’d almost believe you’re in a luxury vehicle.

Rooting out bias
Ok, so maybe my expectations weren’t too high here, as there’s still some bias surrounding the Kia brand, but I was to be proven wrong. This car is sportier than I would ever have thought. Other than the somewhat pervasive power steering, (it feels like the car doesn’t have control over its actions in some conditions), the Forte5 feels quite lively.

Handling is in fact decent, and the car tackles corners with a fair amount of agility. Plus, the ride is comparable to that of a Mazda3, which puts it smack dab in the middle of the class in terms of comfort and gives it a slight advantage where roll control is concerned.

Under the hood slumbers a nicely energetic, 173-hp, 2.4-litre mill. You can also opt for a 156-hp, 2.0-litre affair, but obviously I can’t guarantee the same level of juice. As for the transmission, a six-speed automatic, it comes with finger-friendly paddles behind the steering wheel. The gear ratio is sound, which no doubt contributes to the fuel-efficient performance of the machine: I logged a perfectly respectable average of 9 litres per 100 km.

That little bit extra
So I discovered a Forte5 that’s fun to drive, dynamic and undeniably lively, which all adds up to an excellent offering in this class. Of course, in its longer hatchback version it will appeal first and foremost to families with a couple of kiddies (more than that, and your munchkins will suffer in the not-so-spacious back).

Though the back seats offer more room than those of the Forte5’s rivals (the roof line has been modified specifically for this), the trunk has suffered in consequence and is one of the smallest in the compact hatchback category.

Despite this, the car’s excellent value makes it a serious contender, and this is one model that should be near the top of your shopping list.

But if you’re not sure about the machine’s reliability, Kia certainly is: the Forte5 is covered by a 5-year, 100,000-km warranty with roadside assistance. This Kia has got everything it takes to put your mind at ease and a smile on your face
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 07:39 AM.