العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 24-05-2011, 09:31 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي First Drive: 2012 Fisker Karma

In his Danish-tinged English, Henrik Fisker was thinking big as he cut into his steak "America needs a true premium car to compete with Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Cadillac hasn't done it. And that car must be environmentally responsible, too -- and it should come from California." His glance around the dinner table was greeted with approving nods.
His knife continued its cutting.

Though wary of that knife, I had to ask anyway "So explain to me why that's you and not Tesla?" (Fisker and Tesla have already tussled in court). Then I slightly cringed.
Henrik Fisker, however, hasn't gotten to where he is by taking the bait from the likes of me. "The difference is that our car has no range anxiety. It can travel 50 miles as an electric vehicle, and another 250 miles using gasoline. And then...you just fill-up again." Touché.

And that also gets right to the point. The Fisker Karma is a genuinely unique proposition. Unlike that other extended-range electric vehicle people are making such a fuss about (rhymes with jolt), the Karma's wheels are never ever, even slightly, mechanically connected its engine-generator unit (in this case, a turbocharged direct-injection, 2.0-liter GM Ecotec unit producing 260 hp). Whether that's good or bad, it's a genuine, 100% honest-to-goodness extended-range EV. To underline the point -- and maybe take an irresistible poke at Tesla -- there's the script along the front fender: 'EVer' (Electric Vehicle, extended range). Goes for-EVer, get it?
However, if you do go choose to go forever, your Karma will be relying on the maximum 235-hp output of its engine-spun generator. Which, even if it pads the battery's state-of-charge a bit during cruising (the engine-generator follows your power needs, not your right foot) probably won't deliver much sizzle given the car's estimated 4100-lb curb weight. On the other hand, those first fifty miles offer some interesting possibilities.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 06:19 PM.