العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 17-06-2011, 02:12 AM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2012 Honda Civic Si First Impressions

The Civic Si: the pinnacle of all Civics. This Civic, one does not buy because it is a Civic, but because it is an Si. Holding the keys in one hand and rubbing one's chin with the other while facing the car, the new owner does not think that they've made an economical, sensible choice. No. The Si is for adrenaline junkies that thrive and live by a driving code that is slowly dying: to drive and not be driven.

T

This mindset came to life when I first walked towards the car on test-day at FedEX Field. Here, the Si was patiently waiting for me to take it through a coned slalom course, timed, and with a reward for the person with the fastest time of the day.

As the first to take part in this portion of the event, I was to clear the wet-in-spots track and blaze a trail, which I did. I don't mean to brag but I turned out to be the quickest around the cones that day. I'm not going to take all the credit though, the 2012 Civic Si helped out a little.

If you've read my review on the
2012 Civic (do it!), you'll note that I found the new car to generate an impressive amount of front-end grip. I know that this is what made it all possible. As stated, the track was wet in certain areas, and coming in slow into corners was crucial in order to come out fast. Quickly leaving an apex behind was managed brilliantly by the torque-sensitive helical limited-slip differential and the stability and traction control. I know, I know, we were instructed to leave the nannies on for the laps...

Irregardless, the brakes performed flawlessly, allowing me to carry as much speed for as long as possible up to a corner. The large and grippy P215/45R17 Michelin Pilot tires responded very well to steering inputs; never did I loose track of where the lead wheels were going even when I charged at a turn with far too much vim.

As the entire course was a second-gear only time attack, I was only able to experience swells of power in the 5,000- to 7,000-rpm range. To find out more about the “new” 2.4L 4-cylinder engine, I took an Si out for a short romp in the Washington Redskins playground's shadow.

Here, I met with a K24Z3 that is not as eager to climb to the stratosphere as is the 197-hp K20Z3 it replaces. Revs build at a slower pace, but the extra 31 lb-ft (22% gain) of torque are immediately noticeable. Max torque arrives at 4,400 rpm, whereas the K20 needed a full 1,700 extra rpm to reach its maximum potential of 139 lb-ft. Jury's out on what the Si lover prefers but time will tell...

More seems to be going on as the tach needle moves clockwise to the engine's 7,100-rpm redline, but it's all very uneventful. Thankfully, the shifter and trio of pedals are as easy to manipulate as ever. The old heel-and-toe is effortless to perform and the shifter travels from one cog to another without as much as a catch or niggle. Rowing through the gears is so rewarding that I found myself swapping through 3, 4 and 5 'cause it was just plain fun.

The only Si around for this occasion was the coupe. From the available pictures on the web, the sedan looks to be better sorted and more together aesthetically than the coupe, much like the 8th generation. The Si coupe differs from lesser 2-door Civics by the presence of a trick flow-through trunklid-mounted spoiler, a rear sport bumper, unique alloy wheels and deeper fog light-adorned front fascia.

The cabin is accentuated by a leather-wrapped, Si-badged steering wheel, Si-specific seats and an interesting yet pointless i-VTEC rev indicator. Essentially, it poses as shift lights, located left of the digital speedometer, programmed to go from an amber shade to red when the time comes to slot into the next gear.

On the topic of gear changes, the 6-speed 'box has revised 5th and 6th ratios. In order to offset the 2.4L's increased fuel consumption, the final two gears now make the engine spin at lower speeds.

The cabin is accentuated by a leather-wrapped, Si-badged steering wheel, Si-specific seats and an interesting yet pointless i-VTEC rev indicator. (Photo: Mathieu St-Pierre/Auto123.com)

The aforementioned seats offer plenty of contouring support, designed exactly for time attack and solo events. Comfort levels are good as well.

Honda made efforts to counter noise and vibrations in the new Civic as well as in the Si. My telling you that the Si is now a smoother operator overall seems wrong, but this was Honda's goal and they've reached it. This will undoubtedly make the Si more attractive to an older crowd, looking for a high visual impact Civic with more oomph without the previously associated NVH.

And that pretty much sums up the new Civic Si. It has retained its highly entertaining driveability, but has done away with parts of the Si's real character. Yes, the new Si is posher. It now comes with standard navigation, XM satellite radio and auto on/off headlights.

If what other manufacturers have done to their cars (I'm thinking WRX amongst others) is any indication of what is to come, the new Si's share of Civic sales will most likely increase. My only wish, should this be the case and with the extra money, is that Honda bring us a hardcore SiR or Si Type R by the 2014 MY.

2012 Civic Si pricing starts at $25,990.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 08:23 AM.